Chapter 17- The End?

I woke up the next morning before Jack. No one said anything as I climbed out of his bunk and got changed; I suppose they all suspected I would get over the virgin thing pretty quickly. I climbed off the bus and did my normal routine, slam on the Maine’s van, wake up everyone and smile sweetly as I asked for John to be allowed to come get coffee. Of course he said ok and the guys moaned and groaned but, they all still loved me. It seemed like just a normal day or at least, it started off normal.

-

“KADIE!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs inside the bus. Rian, Jack, Alex and Zack had all left for sound check so, Kadie, Bee and I were all left to just hang out in the bus until it was time to set up. Bee and I were standing in the middle of the lounge area hatching the most ingenious plan we’ve had yet. Finally Kadie emerged from the bunk area only to have something very neon green flung at her face. She caught the lime item and looked up at Bianca and mine’s smirks “How do you feel about booty shorts?”

-

“I can’t believe I let you guys talk me into this.” Kadie narrowed her eyes at Bianca and I as we stood behind the merch table with gigantic smiles. Each of us were dressed in tee shirts and booty shorts, Kadie in lime green, Bianca in bright orange and I was in hot pink. Across our asses, Kadie had ‘ALL’, Bianca ‘TIME’ and I had ‘LOW’ and our shirts read on each ‘GROUPIE’. Of course, Bianca had made the costumes, it’s what she does, cause humiliation for other people so she can laugh. We all had high knee socks on and our hair in pigtails. We looked ridiculous but every girl who came up to the merchandise table looked at us in awe, as if we were Tyra Banks in the flesh.

“Oh c’mon Kadie! You look sexy!” John came up behind us laughing with Garrett and Kennedy in tow. Their set had just finished and All Time Low was just about to start. We were pretending to grind with the boys when the house lights went down and the set began. For some reason an odd force was driving me to watch today. Jack was on the ball today, playing with so much energy just flying across the stage and hitting everything perfectly. I danced around with Kadie and Bee and every once and awhile saw Jack wink at me or nod in my direction. I had the stupid grin plastered on my face.

After they finished playing “Coffee Shop Soundtrack” they stopped playing and Jack went off stage. Confused I walked to the edge of the table. Alex pointed at me and waved me on stage saying into the microphone,

“Alycat, my love, come on stage we have a surprise for you.” I turned and looked at Bee, Kadie, John, Kennedy and Garrett who were holding onto each other laughing. No wonder Bee wanted us to wear this stuff today! She knew they were going to call me on stage. It was one thing to work the merch table like this, but go on stage? That was just a huge no-no. I shook my head and Alex beckoned me on stage more. Finally he nodded to the security who promptly, picked me up and dragged me on stage, despite my best efforts to make them drop me. I looked over the crowd and then at Alex, everyone was laughing and I was going beet red. What the HELL do they think they are doing? Alex said a few things to the crowd and I stopped listening, I was to busy getting increasingly madder and madder, staring down Alex and wondering where the fuck Jack went.

“Alycat, I love you, remember that.” Alex said to me with that infamous smirk that I knew to well. I looked over and Jack was walking over with a cake. He maneuvered so he was standing close enough to the microphone to talk but, close enough to be so I could read the cake.

“Aly, Happy Birthday!” I looked at Jack confused; it was definitely not my birthday. He nodded at the cake and I looked down and read it: I LOVE YOU ALYSSA CARMICHAEL. I raise my head and stared into his eyes in shock.

“You do?” I whispered, last night I thought was just a reflex. It hadn’t changed anything this did. He nodded and smiled causing me to break out into a huge silly grin. I stood directly in front of him and did the only thing I could think of that would make this moment perfect.

I smashed that cake right into Jack Barakat’s face.

************************************************************************************

So thats the end of this story. Thank you everyone who has supported this. Part 2 on its way :)