25

If Mallory thought things were awkward before, it only got worse from there. Harry had missed three consecutive rehearsals so far, considering he had literally not gotten off the tour bus in 1 week and 6 days.

Mallory sat at the kitchen table, picking at her food. She was thinking about Harry. Again. She needed to get it through her head that she was with Zayn now. And Zayn was a great guy. He woke her up every morning with a kiss, brought her flowers and candy at least once a week, and he always told her how beautiful she looked.

Not to mention the media was eating it up. Gossip magazines were loving the Mallory Rich Scandal of 2014, and sappy teenage magazines would not stop posting all the mushy gushy comments Zayn kept making.

"She's my life. My world revolves around her. I really don't know what I'd do without her." -Zayn Malik, Seventeen Magazine

"Mallory is perfect. Perfect eyes, perfect hair, perfect smile." -Zayn Malik, Tiger Beat Magazine

And worst of all,

"Mallory Rich is the love of my life."

That was the most recent one. Mallory wanted to jump in a hole when he said that on the Ellen DeGeneres show two weeks ago. When he said it, Mallory spit her Ramen noodles across the room and proceeded to scream into her pillow for the next 20 minutes.

Zayn had recorded it on the TV, and the other Mallory watched it just to see Harry's reaction. His eyes bulged, his body tensed up, and he gripped onto the arms of the chair for dear life.

It pained Mallory to watch it, but she knew, she knew he deserved it.

He was a cheater.

Mallory was only kind of in hot water with the media right now. She kind of went off at one of the interviews she went to last week with Zayn.

"He sold me out," Mallory had yelled. "Screwed me over. Stabbed me in the back. It's hard enough having to live on the same bus with the damn kid without you idiotic reporters coming and shoving microphones up my ass for a comment about him! Now will you get out of my face before I make you!"

Yeah...that hadn't gone well.

Teresa Williams had been the reporter. She had given Mallory this look of pure, absolute hatred as she withdrew her microphone and stormed off, cameraman in tow.

Mallory scrolled through her Twitter lazily as she nibbled some Cheez-Its. The boys were off at another press conference today...well, except for Harry, who was asleep in the next room. Mallory once again had the whole day to do nothing. Her phone buzzed, signaling she had another notification from Twitter.

"@M_Rich_ u didn't deserve harry and u don't deserve zayn go rot in hell #brohopper #whore #zallory #marry"

Mallory sighed. She clicked on the #zallory hashtag, hoping to see at least one positive comment.

"@M_Rich_ I can't believe you dated Harry and now Zayn what a whore"

"@M_Rich_ you and Zayn are a really ugly couple"

"@M_Rich_ you're not even pretty"

"@M_Rich_ those boys are MINE go back to wherever you came from"

Even though Mallory didn't have feelings for Zayn, they still hurt.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated again; this time demonstrating a DM.

From: TeresaWilliams

Your little blowout got me fired. Hope you're happy you spoiled brat. I'm coming for you. Just wait.

Crap.