4

"So, what brings you girls to the airport today?" Liam asked. "On your way out of town?"

Makenna glanced nervously at the others. "Um...well, you know, we come to the airport sometimes, because...um...they have the best pretzels! Have you tried their pretzels?" Makenna said and stroked Liam's arm, hoping he liked it.

"Oh yeah, we just tried one of those pretzels! What was the place called, Wetzel's Pretzels, or something?" Niall said. "Whatever it was, it was definitely good."

"We don't trust Niall's food reviews," Liam said in a loud whisper to Makenna. "He'll eat just about anything." Makenna laughed loudly, stroking Liam's arm again.

Katrina walked up next to Niall. "I love those pretzels too," she said shyly.

Niall broke out into a smile. "Thank you! See?" He looked at his friends and gestures toward her. "Now this is a girl who knows what she's talking about! Unlike you boneheads." He turned and winked and Katrina, who blushed and looked away.

Mallory and Harry were still in their own little world. "So, are you coming to see the concert at the XL center tomorrow?" Harry asked.

Mallory nodded. "Yes! I'm really excited. We're going to be in the fourth row!"

Harry turned to her and gave her a smile. "Hm...fourth row is good. Very good! Maybe you'll have a special surprise tomorrow too. We'll see."

Mallory gasped. "What do you mean?"

Harry shrugged. "Who knows? I'll have to pull some strings, and then I'll get back to you." He flashed her another smile. Could this be any more amazing?

Suddenly, Mallory's phone buzzed. Reluctantly, she pulled it out. It was a text from her mother.

MALLORY LYNN! WHERE ARE YOU? AND WHERE IS KENNA'S CAR?

Mallory's eyes widened. "Crap!"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "What's wrong?"

Mallory looked up from her phone, temporarily having forgotten where she was and, more importantly, who she was with. "Oh it's nothing really, just my mom being kind of crazy."

Harry smiled fondly. "Oh, I know what you mean. My mum is a little insane sometimes too, but I love her even more because of it. That's one of the sad things about being on tour so much- I don't get to see her nearly as much as I would like to."

Mallory's heart melted. He's so compassionate! "Aw, I'm so sorry. That must be so hard."

Harry nodded. "Ah, but you get used to it. Plus, I really can't complain, can I?"

Suddenly, a rumbling came from around the corner, and another car sidled into view. "There's our car!" Zayn exclaimed. He and Louis grabbed their suitcases and started heading over. Liam and Niall hugged Makenna and Katrina and promised to see them at the concert tomorrow.

Harry looked at Mallory with those piercing green eyes. "Um...so would you like to maybe come with us right now? There's an extra seat for you and we don't really know the area really well."

Mallory's eyes lit up...and then her phone buzzed.

YOU ANSWER ME THIS INSTANT. I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BUT IF YOU AND MAKENNA AND KATRINA ARE NOT HOME IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR LIFE.

"I can't believe this," Mallory moaned. She turned to Harry. "I am so sorry. Believe me, you don't understand how sorry I am, but I really have to go." She started to climb into the car. "I am so, so sorry."

Kenna started the ignition.

"Wait!" Harry called out. "Just one thing!"

Mallory rolled down her window. "What is it?0

"What's your name?"

"Mallory! Mallory Rich."

Harry smiled. "Mallory Rich. I'll remember that one."