16

"What?" she whispered. Mallory turned around to immediately have a flash go off in her face. "Ow," she muttered, trying to blink the light out of her eyes.

"You've been seen with him in an airport parking lot in Connecticut? And getting on his tour bus with him? C'mon, girl, tell me who you are. It would give me such a lead on the media reporting of this."

Mallory snapped her head up. "The media reporting of this? What do you mean?"

The guy gave her a questioning look. "You mean you didn't know? It's all over the tabloids, sweetheart."

He rummaged in his coat and pulled out a crumpled magazine. He handed it to Mallory.

Sure enough, it was a picture of the two of them, hugging goodbye in the parking lot of Bradley Airport.

She hadn't even seen the paparazzi then. Weren't paparazzi supposed to be really invasive? How did she not even know they were there?

STYLES' NEW PREY? Who's the new girl spotted with Harry Styles? Where did she come from? And how quickly will he dump this one? Page 21

Tears began to stream down her face. Her hands began to shake as she tried to turn to page 21, but she couldn't. It was too hard. The cover had been enough.

She threw the magazine back at the reporter. "Please, just leave me alone," she stuttered.

Another flash went off. "Sorry, sweetheart, it's my job."

"Don't call me sweetheart, asshole!" Mallory tried to push him out of the way, but her vision was so blurry from her tears that she couldn't distinguish the man from the wall.

"Okay, sweetheart, whatever you say. Now if you're not going to tell me your name, at least tell me something about your love life with Harry."

"There's nothing to tell! There is no love life!" Mallory wiped away the smudged makeup running down her face. "You want a comment from me? Well, here it is. Harry Styles was never my boyfriend, is not my boyfriend, and will never be my boyfriend. I refuse to be another conquer, another girl for him to brag to his friends about hooking up with. I am not that kind of girl, and I will not turn into one of those girls just to be noticed by a celebrity. For all I care, Harry Styles can kiss my ass."

She was shaking, her anger positively radiating off of her. She was done. Done with the hurt, the pain, all the unnecessary crap.

Done with him.