Chapter 5 - Wildfire

Want some awesome GoT merch? Go to https://unrivaledmerch.com/game-of-thrones/ and enter the discount code "gotwriter" for 10% off your order! They've got some really amazing stuff in their store, plus FREE shipping! Check it out :D

PS: I'm aware there's another character named Toren within the series. These are not the same characters!

- - -

It could have been an ambush for all she knew, but Lyon was placing her life in Vio's hands regardless. In a dark building, Lyon sat and waited. Alora sat beside her. She requested she be a part of this.

"This is dangerous, Lyon. Raphael has men, they could help you."

"I don't want to be affiliated with him anymore. It's too dangerous to attack Cersei's contacts outright. It's too dangerous for Sansa." Lyon swallowed. The building was silent, save for eery creaks in the old structure. Lyon turned to Vio. "How much longer?"

"He said he would be here around this time. Soon, My Lady. Soon." Vio continued twiddling her fingers anxiously.

Lyon hadn't expected for Vio to find her allies so quickly. She hardly even remembered the conversation she had that night, but before long, Vio had set this meeting up. She had more friends than Lyon had initially thought, then.

Torchlight and footsteps sounded nearby. "Here they come." Vio whispered.

They came from every side of the run down building. Twenty of them at least, maybe thirty. Lyon rose as they entered, meeting their eyes. She found the leader of the group carrying the torch. He was tall and broad, dark hair and stubble framing his face. Bright blue eyes watched her calculatively.

"Hello, you must be Toren. Vio told me about you. You were one of my father's bannermen, yes?"

"Until I was exiled, yes."

"What house were you from?" Lyon cocked her head. He seemed to grow pensive under her intense gaze.

"If it please you, my Lady. I do not go by my house's name any longer. I am just Toren."

Lyon found herself smiling faintly. "I like that. Men do not need names to make a difference. I must thank you for coming tonight. I know this is very... cloak and dagger. Vio assures me you are all to be trusted."

"We wish for Joffrey to be dethroned. He's a rubbish king." One of them said. She couldn't pinpoint who.

"You're right. He's shite, actually. He makes light of beating his wife to be. He's sick, and he needs to be stopped. That's why I've asked for you all to come here. I want to protect my family. My real family. Cersei may call me her daughter, but I will never leave my true family. I do not bow before the false King. I bow before the King in the North."

There were noises of agreement, but they were quiet. Noise would draw attention.

"I will pay to send you North to fight for my brother. My direwolf will accompany you, as a token of my trust. However, I ask that some of you remain behind. If we want Robb's influence in Kingslanding, we need men here to plant the seed of rebellion, quietly. Who among you would be so brave, to stay in Kingslanding, and help me?"

There was silence.

"I will, My Lady." Toren stepped forward.

Lyon arched a brow. "Why?"

He seemed fazed, but ushered to respond. "If it is true that you would risk your life like this for this cause, then I find that admirable. There is no one else I would rather pledge my allegiance to, My Lady." He spoke, but Lyon caught his eyes flick to Vio more than once. No, Lyon was not the reason he was there at all then.