Chapter 1

2011 (April)

Bethany's P.O.V

As usual I was walking down the hallway to my locker with people calling names at me and teasing me. It all started when my friends started to leave me out. My friends started hanging out together and leaving me out and when I asked why they were doing that, they said something that really hurt my feelings.

"Sorry Bethany but you're such a nerd now you only care about getting good grades and we don't want to hang out with you anymore...." they glared and walked away.

I tried to stop them and ask why they were acting so weird all of a sudden, but they just ignored me.

They didn't seem to care, actually they're the ones who started bullying me. Every time I went by them they would glare, point fingers, call names, and that's when people started to realize I was kind of a loser.

When school ended I would drive home crying. I just didn't understand why my best friends all of a sudden just ditched me, or why they started all the bullying. It was so unfair. But there was nothing I can do about it.

But on February 17th during lunch break a boy came up to me, and it wasn't any boy it was Jacob Whitesides.

Jacob was no ordinary guy, he was with the cool kids and he was a popular Viner, singer, and Youtuber. That was one of the reasons he was with the cool kids. He had short dark brunette hair that he styled so it formed a small "swoosh" he wore jeans and plain shirts most the times and was really good at singing and he looked pretty decent. On the other hand I was just... Lame and stupid.

He was probably just here to make fun of me. But I don't remember him ever teasing me or being mean to me which I was thankful for.

"What do you want?" I asked quietly.

"Oh... I just came to hang out," he responded with a genuine voice.

"If you're here to bully me, go ahead and get it over with."

"Woah! I would never do that. I'm literally just here to hang out with you," he said again.

"But you're supposed to be with the... You know-"

"The "cool kids?""he finished.

"Yeah.."

He explained, "The whole "cool kids" thing is kinda stupid to me, I'm done with them always having to follow along what they do and having to hurt others feelings to stay "cool" is just dumb"

"Oh... It's harder than I imagined, I thought you guys just did what you all just did to stay popular and cool. I guess I was wrong," I said amazed at the fact already trusting him.

"Much more complicated than you think," he replied, "do you want to have lunch with me? I haven't started."

"Ummm sure..." I said taking out a bag of chips and a ham and cheese sandwich. He did the same except he had a salad and a juice box.

"So, why do you get bullied? I don't understand, you don't seem to be bad and you do good at school too," he commented.

"Well its a long story," and I explained everything to him. When I was finished, I felt tears coming from my eyes and my cheeks warming up. I wiped the tears and started to relax myself.

"Don't cry," he said with a calm and caring voice. "You know what? From now on and until the end of time, I promise to be your best friend and I'm going to help you get the life you deserve. If that's the last thing I do to make you happy I'm going to do it because I don't want to see you crying ever again. I promise."

I didn't know what to say but I managed to say something, "Thank you."

Jacob and I both smiled and I finally felt happy once again.

Hope you guys liked my first chapter of I Promise! I might be extending the chapters so I might be adding more things to chapter 1 I'm so sorry my chapters may be short. I will be posting as much as I can and if you have any suggestions or things to say you can leave them in the comments :)

Thanks for reading

Xoxo Grace