57. Hotel Whitepod.

Start from the beginning

~*~

Seb came out of the bathroom fresh from taking a long shower. He'd had the perfect night so far, they'd drunk the champagne while waiting for the food to be delivered to the pod, which they'd both enjoyed and then they'd cuddled up on the sofa together under a blanket listening to music and drinking beer. He was surprised as he'd had no idea she even liked beer. He'd heard Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Power Of Love, playing on repeat for a while and went into the lounge wearing just his boxers only to find she wasn't in there and that the music was coming from the bedroom. He smiled, maybe she was in bed waiting for him. He walked through into the bedroom and felt the cool air coming from the open door that led out onto the terrace, so that's where she was. "Liebe, you'll catch a chill out here." He walked over to the lounger that she was on to see her huddled up in the blanket. He arched a brow as he realised she was asleep, her phone laying on her chest. He picked her phone up and then scooped her up into his arms. He kicked the door shut behind him as he carried her inside and then layed her down on the bed. She woke up and shivered as he removed the blanket from her so she got into bed and snuggled under the thick duvet, placing her phone under the pillow. "I'm not surprised you're cold, what were you doing out there in a t-shirt with wet hair?" He got in next to her and she quickly scooted over to him. "You're freezing!" Her body felt cold against his warm skin but he let her cuddle up to him.

"I was thinking." She pressed her lips to his chest.

"About?" He rubbed her arm trying to warm her up quicker.

"You, us, what Antti said to me on Sunday." She replied.

"What did he say? You never did tell me."

"That I should let myself be happy with you, I should give you a chance and let you back in. He said I could trust you and that he wants to see us back together in Barcelona." She let her hand rest on his chest, feeling his heart beating against her palm, it was incredibly calming and she began to feel sleepy.

"That's probably the most sensible thing he's ever said since I've known him." He continued to rub her arm, he could feel her body relaxing. "Why don't you turn the music off, you're getting sleepy again aren't you?"

"Hmm." She responded and rolled onto her back, she fished her phone out from under the pillow and stopped the music. She passed her phone to Seb and he placed it on the nightstand, switching the light off straight after. He then rolled over and snuggled up to her, laying his head on her chest and felt her arms go around him, holding him.

"Are you going to take his advice?" He asked, relaxing against her. He could tell by her breathing that she was already starting to doze.

"Hmm." She responded again. He smiled, trust her to fall asleep part way through a conversation. "Ich liebe dich über alles." She whispered. He smiled and closed his eyes, there was his answer.

"Ich liebe dich auch und werde es immer tun." (I love you too and always will.) He whispered back.

~*~

The sun had set on their last night at Whitepod Hotel. This morning they'd enjoyed a hike in the hills followed by a massage in the privacy of their pod this afternoon and something to eat in the on site restaurant. After having a lazy day yesterday, Seb had suggested the hike as he knew he'd have to get some training in and that was a form of excersise he loved to do the most. Chloe had been a little quiet on and off all day, but he didn't mind, he knew why. He looked up from his position sitting on the bed as she walked past carrying the blanket from the lounge sofa, and opened the door to step out on to the terrace. He smiled, he knew that was her favourite place here, he watched as she sat down on a lounger and wrapped the blanket around her shoulders. Getting off of the bed he walked over to the table and picked up her phone. He unlocked it and connected it back up to the speaker, he chuckled quietly at the names for her playlists and selected The Power Of Love which she'd had on repeat last night. He took the bottle of champagne he'd requested from the ice bucket with the two glasses and walked outside to where she was sitting. "Room for one more?" He pulled a low table across to the lounger and she sat up, shuffling forward so that he could sit behind her. He opened the champagne with a loud pop and filled the two glasses, putting them on the table while she passed him the blanket. He put it around his shoulders and sat back allowing her to settle between his legs and lean back against his chest, he then wrapped the blanket around the two of them before picking the glasses up, passing one to her.

"Do you ever wonder what Senna would be doing now if he was still alive?" She looked up at the stars, it had been a beautifully sunny day today without a single cloud in the sky.

"Sometimes. I don't think he'd still be in formula one." He replied.

"You don't? Me neither." She smiled. "Maybe he would have would have driven in another motor sport like Fernando."

"Yeah maybe." He took a sip of his champagne. "For a few years maybe."

"I think that right now, he would have been involved in humanitarian work of some sort, he was so into supporting charities and supporting his country. I could always see him trying to end poverty, he loved Brazil so much." She said thoughtfully. "He'd be fifty-nine now." She added.

"Where was you, when it happened?" He put his glass down and wrapped his arms around her front.

"I was just at home, I was eleven years old and was watching it in my bedroom. He was the first driver I supported, the man who got me hooked on F1." She smiled. "How about you?"

"Same as you, I was watching at home with my parents and I saw it happen but I was too young at the time to get that it was fatal. I was not quite seven." He pressed a kiss on her head.

"I can't believe it's been twenty-five years now, I can still remember it so vividly. Every year that comes around I look up at the stars and always think that he's the brightest one up there." She pointed to an area where one star stood out.

"I have no doubt that he is." He murmured into her hair and tightened his hold on her.

"Here's to you Aryton, everyone still misses you. You left a legacy that won't ever be replicated. We love you." She raised her glass and took a long sip before placing it on the table. They sat together for a while enjoying the silence and the champagne while she focused on the brightest star she could see until she saw one that appeared to be moving. "Oh wow Seb, the space station!" She sat up and pointed to the bright star as it glided through the sky and passed overhead. Her head turned as she followed it with her eyes until it was out of sight, they then met those of the man she loved. "I thank God every day that they've made racing alot safer, even more so now I'm with you."

"With me?" He sat up as she moved on the lounger on to her knees, facing him. He hoped she meant it in the way he was hoping and praying for.

"Yeah, with you." She stroked his face with both hands and he leant in brushing his lips over her's tentatively, wordlessly asking for her kiss.

"Bitte küss mich einfach." (Please just kiss me.) He whispered as she pulled back, removing the blanket from his shoulders. He leant in again, brushing his lips over her's once more before placing a light kiss on them, once, twice, then a third time, each time letting his tongue brush over her lips making her shiver a little and let out a little moan as her breath hitched in her throat, she pulled away once more and stood up, picking up their two empty glasses before holding her hand out to him. He smiled and stood also, picking up the half empty champagne bottle, taking her hand and letting her lead him back inside to the bedroom.