Dorms

I put my luggage on top of the bed that looked like nobody had slept in it a while.

The bed opposite from me was covered in a knitted blanket and had a bright green bag on top of it.

Today, was moving in day. Tomorrow was going to be the first day for our classes. I'm so excited.

"You're my new roommate? " Somebody said. A feminine voice at the end of the room was frowning. She looked goth like, with her pale and dark makeup. With a double piercings on each of her ears, and her brown hair with dip purple dye ends. If I researched the word "Goth", she'd be the picture.

"Yeah" I said as cheerfully as possible. "I'm Lucy, you're Rae, I'm assuming?" She crossed her arms.

"Sure" she snapped. She went to her side of the room and sat down.

As I put my stuff away, Rae stared at me. Detecting my moves like a stalker. I swallowed.

"Umm" I said looking up at her. Her eyes didn't move, they just peeled on my own eyes.

"Yes?" Rae said slowly.

"You're freaking me out" I blurted. I covered my mouth immediately. Oh my gosh!

"Sorry" Rae said, not sounding sorry at all. To be honest, she sounded sarcastic.

"So..." I say trying to come up with a conversation. "Where are you from?" Rae ignored my question.

"I'm from Des Moines" I replied.

"I feel bad for you" Rae snorted. Well, this going to be one exhausting year.

"You know, since we're roommates, we should try to cooperate" I said.

"What for? We just sleep in the same room" Rae says. I zipped up my now empty luggage and put it under my bed.

Rae puts her eyes off me as her phone buzzes. She races out of the room. Great.

For the main time, I go on YouTube and watch videos until I fall asleep.

_________________________

"So, where's the cafeteria, again?" I asked. I was currently with my RA of my dorm floor.

"First section of campus" My RA, Jason Rover, said.

I bumped into Jason while leaving my dorm room. He invited to show me around the campus. I accepted.

"Ok, by the way, sorry for asking you like a million times" I say.

"Trust me, compared to the freshmans last year.....let's just say last year was not so great" Jason chuckled. I laugh a little. Seemed so good to finally have a friend on campus.

"Know your way, now?" Jason asked.

"Yup" I answered.

"Great, talk me when you need something" Jason said before walking away.