"you can't compel me, it won't work." ray pulled his chin out of klaus' rough grip.

"i need a scotch on the rocks, please." stefan spoke up loudly.

"make it two." jocelyn told the bartender, leaning her elbows against the bar. rays eyes began to linger again. jocelyn turned to see klaus grab ray by his throat.

"keep your eyes to yourself, ray, or i'll have to rip them out myself." klaus growled out so quietly that jocelyn and stefan wouldn't of heard without their supernatural hearing.

"tell you what, ray." stefan pulled out a bag from his pocket. "we're going to play a little drinking game. something i like to call truth or wolfsbane."

jocelyn smirked at the bartender as he slid her a few shots. she downed one, slamming the glass against the bar. "oh, this is going to be fun."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"dance with me." jocelyn wrapped her arms around klaus' neck from behind him.

stefan dipped another dart in the wolfsbane in scotch before throwing it at ray who was chained to the wall. jocelyn had been using her time to drink the bar dry while klaus watched her.

"please." jocelyn's lips pressed against klaus' ear. he felt a shiver climb up his spine, something that hadn't happened to him in centuries.

"you're intoxicated." klaus laughed lightly, pulling the girl from behind him to stand in between his legs. she smiled brightly, tracing his jaw with her finger.

"usually i drink alone." jocelyn shrugged her shoulders. "i didn't think vampires could get drunk."

"they can, especially if they drink even half of what you just consumed. most are centuries old with a high tolerance to it." klaus informed the girl. he liked the feeling of her skin touching his. he didn't want her to stop, but he knew he'd have to because of her current state of intoxication.

jocelyn's gaze left his lips to look into his eyes. she had an innocent grin on her features. klaus' fingers began to trace the bare skin of her thighs that her skirt didn't cover. jocelyn put her hands on the sides of klaus' face, letting her thumb rub over the scruff he'd grown over the last month before she ran her fingers through his hair gently. klaus' fingers traced higher up her thigh, making the girl gasp slightly.

jocelyn shook her head, feeling a blush rise to her cheeks. "don't do that. it makes me fee—"

"feel what, love?" klaus quirked an eyebrow, liking how vulnerable she became under his touch. jocelyn went to respond, but cut herself off when a woman came up behind klaus.

"hello, mr klaus. i have some information for you. i saw that guys brother damon at the farmhouse."

jocelyn backed away out of klaus' hold, moving to the other side of the bar. she didn't like how weak she became when he was around. she glanced over at stefan and klaus conversing with one another. she rolled her eyes as klaus let stefan leave to take care of damon.

the thought of damon made anger peak in jocelyn. when she thought of him too much, she became blinded by rage, same as if she thought of elena or bonnie too much. she despised them for what they took from her and the girl didn't think she'd ever learn how to move past it.

jocelyn's grip on the glass in her hand tightened, resulting in it shattering. shards of glass imbedded themselves into her palm. "fuck."

klaus was by her side in a second, taking her hand in his. the hybrid pulled his hand from hers though when he felt the familiar shock of pain in his chest. "how'd you do that?"

jocelyn stared down at her hands for a moment before she took a step away from klaus. she watched as the shards pushed themselves out of her palms as it healed. "i'm sorry."

"don't apologize." klaus shook his head, putting his hand towards her only for the girl to flinch back. "don't do that."

"do what?"

"seem like you fear me." klaus spoke softly, going to grab her hand again.

"i don't fear you," jocelyn mumbled, slow in her action of putting her hand on the side of his face. "but i am scared."

"there's no need to be scared, love." klaus pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "nothing will harm you. nothing will even get close."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"you're back."

"did you doubt me?" stefan countered back, leaning against the bar.

"not for a second." klaus replied. "i knew you'd pass the test. you still care for your brother; for your old life."

stefan shook his head with a smile. "i don't care about anything anymore."

klaus watched stefan turn his back to him as he leaned his elbows against the bar. klaus stopped closer to the vampire.

"you put on a good show, stefan. i almost believe you. let's hope, for your brothers sake, he does." klaus leaned closer to stefan's ear. the hybrid looked over to the couch jocelyn had began resting on. stefan followed his gaze. "you never stop caring about the ones you love, do you? but every time you feed, the blood makes it easier to let go; easier to give in to the darkness."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★