He turned back to the door in a panic. "Nia? Baby open the door." He pleaded.

Adrian went down to pick up one of the pills and his eyes widened. "Kick it down!"

Jace was confused for a split second, but didn't need to be told twice. It took him at least four kicks to get the door down and his worst nightmare awaited on the other side of the threshold.

Nia laid in the middle of the floor, lifeless. Adrian's heart stopped.

"Call 911." Jace ran to Nia, attempting to shake her awake. "Nia, baby wake up!"

Adrian called 911, but his eyes never left Nia. This had to be a really bad nightmare. It wasn't real.

Jace picked her up and took her into the shower. He turned on the water, putting her face in its path and continued to beg for her to wake up.

It took a few minutes but she started coughing and her eyes opened. She looked at him, but Jace didn't recognize them. There was no life in her eyes.

They were cold, dark and empty.

"Nia?" My trainer's voice pulled me from my thoughts. I looked up at him as he stood in front of me. "Are you okay?"

I cleared my throat and stood up. "I'm fine."

I walked past him to go get my backpack and phone. I packed up my backpack and drunk some water. I couldn't wait to go home and get in the shower.

My phone rung causing me to look at it. Jace's face appeared on the screen. I smiled a little, part of me wanted to answer. But another part just wanted some time to myself.

I declined the call and placed my backpack on my shoulders.

Walking out of the training facility, the fresh air hit me like a train. Jace called me again, but this time I let it ring.

I shot him a quick text to let him know that I was fine, but I was in no space to talk.

I decided to stop by a local joint for some breakfast. I hadn't ate since yesterday afternoon which was not ideal.

I could have passed out in workouts.

The local joint was in walking distance so it didn't take much time to get there. It was a small diner, but the food was good. I loved places like these.

I sat down in a booth after ordering a glass of water. I placed my backpack beside me and looked out of the window.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to black out the memories of me taking those pills.

"Stop fightin' it."

I looked to see Shiloh sitting across from me. I shook my head. I wasn't talking to a spirit in public.

The waitress came to my table with my drink and I thanked her. "Ready to order?" She smiled at me.

"Can I have the quinoa fruit salad and a peanut butter and banana smoothie?"

"Is that it?"

I nodded my head and she took my menu before walking from the table. "You're allergic to peanut butter." Shiloh spoke.

I let out a sharp breath. "I grew out of that." I responded lowly. Shiloh leaned on the table and stared at me. "Stop." I mumbled.

"You so beautiful."

"This is awkward and weird." I mumbled to myself and sat back in my seat.

Shiloh laughed like it was funny. "Only if you make it."