• Chapter 2.18 •

Cullens

Jacob was breathing heavily, the love of his life, his own best friend was about to leave for that stupid vampire family again and he couldn't have that

Jacob was breathing heavily, the love of his life, his own best friend was about to leave for that stupid vampire family again and he couldn't have that. The girl looked to Jacob happily and felt as if she could walk on water. "They're here." She breathed out and Bella rushes inside as Vanessa was about to be next, but Jacob held her back.

"Please, don't go in there." He told her, the woman stopping while she furrowed her eyebrows and frowned.

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking around while she knew her family was inside the house.

"I can't go in there if you go in there." He told her, the woman shaking her head.

"Jacob, they are my adoptive family. It could even possibly be Edward and I could shove it in his face that I'm happy without him, maybe get him back." She told him, Jacobs heart aching at her words.

He couldn't lose her, his eyes watering slightly as he tightened his grip. "Please, don't go." He told her as she groaned slightly, feeling pain in his hold.

"Jake, you're hurting me." She muttered, trying to pry him off as his temperature was rising as his temper was getting the best of him.

He let go while the woman looked down to see her arm cracked slightly as it healed. "Jacob, you could have really hurt me." She told him and he rolled his eyes.

"You're fine now. Just go see your family." He muttered angrily as the girl rolled her eyes.

"First Edward, now you?" She asked and Jacob turned around so quickly, Vanessa thought his neck would have snapped at the speed he was going.

"Don't ever compare me to the leech." He seethed while the girl clenched her jaw.

"Don't forget, Jacob, I'm a leech too." She muttered, swallowing her anger and looking to the ground. "I thought you were different." She muttered and Jacob scoffed.

"I am different! I have a beating heart while they don't. I am your imprint and Edward isn't." He told her while she glared at him.

"Yeah, and an imprint is supposed to support their mate- -"

"We are also supposed to protect you!" He yelled at her angrily, steaming rising off his body while the woman's eyes widened. "I thought we were your true family?" He asked her and Vanessa looked into his brown eyes.

"You are, but that doesn't mean I can't stop seeing the Cullens. They raised me after I was turned and the wolves turned their back on me." She told him as Jacob scoffed.