• Chapter 2.3 •

Suicide

The movie was playing, Vanessa even saw Jessica crying a little at the scene that was playing

The movie was playing, Vanessa even saw Jessica crying a little at the scene that was playing. "Oh my love! My wife! Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath hath had no power yet upon thy beauty. Thou are not conquered. Beauty's ensign yet is crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks. And death's pale flag is not advanced there." Romeo was reciting, Vanessa laughing over Eric.

"I hate being celebrated." Bella whispered lowly for Vanessa to feel the breath of her mouth over her ear softly brush over her skin.

"There are worse tragedies. I mean, look at Romeo. Killed his true love out of sheer stupidity." Edward told her while Vanessa sighed, leaning her head on Bella's shoulder.

"You could be dead right now, Bella. Just be happy that you aren't." She told her.

"Yeah." Bella agreed.

"Though I do envy him one thing." Edward told the two while Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"And what exactly would that be?" She asked her husband.

"Juliet is, like, perfect. If you like that obviously beautiful sort of thing." Bella told him while Edward laughed.

"Not the girl, the suicide. It's nearly impossible for..." he paused while Vanessa's heart broke. He only told her about this secret, and now he's telling Bella. "For some people. For humans, a little poison, a dagger to the heart. There's so many different options." He told her while she shook her head.

"Why would you say that?" Bella asked.

"Because I had to consider it once. I didn't know if I'd get to you in time. I had to come up with some kind of plan." Edward told Bella while Vanessa shrunk in her seat.

Her heart was shriveling by the minute. "What was the plan?" Bella asked.

"That I'd go to Italy and provoke the Volturi." Edward told her.

"The what?" Bella asked, not knowing who the Volturi were.

"The Volturi." Edward whispered while the teacher stopped the film.

"Now, who'd like to repeat the last few line of iambic pentameter just to show they were paying attention?" Mr. Berty asked. "Mr. Cullen?" He asked, looking over the three students in the back.

"Yes, Mr. Berty. 'Oh here will I set up my everlasting rest and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last. Arms, take you last embrace! And, lips, oh you, doors of breath, seal with a rite out kiss of dateless bargain to engrossing death'!" Edward quoted while Vanessa looked to the floor.

"Eyes on the screen people." The teacher told the students while they listened and looked back towards the screen.

"Thus with a kiss I die." Romeo stated, soon Vanessa getting up when the bell rang.

"Um, I think I'm gonna head to Sam's before Bella's party." She muttered to Edward, looking to Bella for a short second while biting her lip. "I have some stuff I need to discuss." She muttered, Edward furrowing his eyebrows.

"Vanessa, you sure- -"

"I'll be fine." She told him, walking away quickly while exiting the school and taking the time to walk through the woods, over towards the Reserve.

<><><>

Vanessa walked over towards the red garage, taking in the scent of Jacob while she knocked over the large wooden door, making the young boy jump and dropped the tool he held in his hand towards the ground. The woman chuckled while walking in. "Sorry to disturb you, but I was just walking by." She told the boy, looking over the truck while he smiled, wiping his hands over a rag while she smiled at him.

"Walking by? Isn't your school still going on?" He asked while the woman sighed, taking the time to take a chair and place her legs over a table.

"Yes, yes it is. And I honestly don't care." She told him, looking up at the ceiling.

"Are you okay?" He asked while the girl shook her head.

"Husband problems." She easily told him while he chucked slightly on his spit.

"You and Cullen are having problems? Never thought I would see the day." He teased while the girl glared at him.

"Don't push it. I came here to you just for comfort and I'm feeling attacked." She told him while placing her hand over her chest teasingly.

The boy chuckled, getting up while taking another chair and sitting down to face her. "Well, did you wanna talk about it or do something else?" He asked, the woman thinking about it.

"I feel like if I talk about I'll get angry." She told him and nods after a moment. "And I don't think getting angry is a good idea since I black out from rage sometimes." She stated, Jacob making a face.

"You black out from rage?" He asked while the girl chuckled.

"Yeah, it's not good." She told him while then looking into his brown eyes. "Do you like Bella?" She asked, taking the moment to see Jacob smile and look to the ground.

"I don't know anymore." He said while the woman shrugged.

"I understand. I don't know if I wanna be married to Edward anymore." She told him, the boy raising an eyebrow.

"You two did get married at a young age." He told her while she chuckled.

"If only you know. It felt like we were together for fifty years." She stated, as she looked over her ring. She played with it, looking over the diamond that shined in the light like a star and she frowned. "I love him, but he doesn't seem to like my family views." She told Jacob, pouring her soul out to the stranger.

"Well, I wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't value my family. That's a big part of our life." He told her, the girl nodding her head while giving him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry for just pushing all my problems on you, but I just needed someone to talk to." She told him, the boy shrugging while taking his hand on hers.

"It's not a problem, Vanessa. If you need anything, and I mean anything, just give me a call." He told her, the girl smiling while hugging him.

"Thank you." She breathed out, holding onto him tightly while he awkwardly hugged her back.

<>•<>•<>•

You get a little back story for Jacob and Vanessa. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow! Thanks very much!

( Word Count 1053 )

| Edited |