• Chapter 2.21 •

Hybrids 

Vanessa was placed on a table, Carlisle looking over her as she was just staring off in the distance

Vanessa was placed on a table, Carlisle looking over her as she was just staring off in the distance. She never told Jacob that she was here yet, in case he wanted to break the treaty and come into the Cullens home, and Carlisle could tell that his daughter wasn't the same just by looking at her. She wasn't a vampire, and she wasn't a werewolf.

Carlisle sighed and took away the stethoscope from her chest, hearing her heart beating for the first time in a hundred years with a healthy steady rhythm. "I know what I am, Carlisle." Vanessa told him, the man smiling lightly with a shake of his head.

"Use your power for me." He told her, the girl looking over to a vase and listing it up with her mind, then setting it back down.

He nods his head, writing it down in a journal while the girl looks over to her father. "Just tell me what you're thinking." She pleaded, Edward stepping inside as he listened in their conversation.

"I'm thinking that you are one of a kind." He told her, grabbing a human blood bag and seeing the girl look at it and no sign of her eyes changing color, not even a hint of her being hungry for it. "When's the last time you ate?" He asked, the woman swallowing while she felt her throat close at the sight of blood, but she could manage it.

"Three weeks." She whispered, looking back to Carlisle and he gave her a piece of watermelon.

"Eat this for me." He told her and she did as she was told, having her first bite of human food in one hundred years and she didn't throw up at it, in fact she moaned slightly at the taste and devoured it. "And you said that you turned when you were under a lot of stress?" He asked and the girl licks her fingers while nodding her head.

"I was having one of my panic attacks. Like when I first turned and Edward was the only one who could stop them." She whispered, the man smiling at that statement. "And..." she paused, remembering the feeling. "I felt as if I was going to lose him. I was sweaty and shaking and then Alice was there by my side and I just let it happen." She told him and looked over at him. "I just let go." She answered, Carlisle nodding his head.

"And I would like to see you transform. Just to see if anything is different from the others." Carlisle told her, the woman nodding her head as she got off the table and looked in the hallway to see Edward standing there.

"May I?" He asked, carefully for the woman to stare at him and give him a small smile.

"You may." She whispered, walking past him and towards the front yard. She sighed, looking at Carlisle and Edward who were waiting for her as she looked to the ground and  reached inside herself for that power she felt before and easily, she transformed, her wolf-self pawing at the ground as she stretched and let Carlisle walk over to her and check her.