14. In the middle of the night

Dream sequence:

I looked up to the woman with the green eyes and frowned when she revealed that she the same powers as me. "Who are you?" I asked and got up from the ground. "Someone like you. And someone like-" she stopped and smirked before her familiar looking green eyes glistened silver. "Who are you!?" I suddenly yelled and she walked closer. "Your enemy." She whispered and looked behind me. I turned around and suddenly, the scenario changed.

I looked at Thawne and how he killed Echo mercilessly. I screamed out in anguish and sank on my knees. Thawne looked down to me and his eyes glowed red as his vibrating hand came out of Echo's chest. "Another broken family." Thawne said and then vanished and I was left to mourn my dead mother...

-

I awoke with a loud gasp and sat up before I looked around. I was  alone and it was dark. The clock told me it was 5:16am. I sighed and got up from my bed. I checked my phone and then went into the living room and turned the TV on.

I looked through my phone and when I got a message I frowned. "Hey, are you up?" But before I could go on it, the message was gone and I chuckled. I turned the TV off, got up and then teleported myself into the West house where I saw a sleepy Barry on the couch. When he noticed me, he put his phone down and I went to sit next to him. "Where's the danger, Allen?" I asked and he just chuckled. Then he looked confused at me. "I had a nightmare, so I was up anyway..." I whispered and Barry turned fully around to me. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked and I smiled at him. "It's, um- Just Thawne killing my mother..." I whispered and my hands played nervously with my shirt. I knew that he was familiar with my words and I also knew that that was the reason he hated Thawne so much. "That's not gonna happen, okay?" He said quietly and I looked up to him. "How do you know that?" I asked as quietly and he sighed. "Echo's locked up at Star Labs and this time she won't escape." He whispered and I nodded.

"Barry?" I asked after a while, my head was leaning against the couch and I looked up into his eyes. "Yeah?" He asked "Um, what we did the- the other day- when we were in my apartment-" Barry chuckled and then frowned. "Do you regret it?" He asked and I quickly shook my head. "No! No, no, no, no... I would just like to know how you feel about it? A-about me?" I said and then he took my hand. "All I know is that I can't stop thinking about you, and honestly, I don't want to. And whatever danger we are facing, whether it's Thawne or Echo, we're facing it together. Always." He whispered and then he leaned over to me and pressed his lips softly on my own. I kissed him back for a moment and then I pulled away. I chuckled softly, laid my head down on his chest and took a deep breath. Then I closed my eyes and drifted away.

-

I awoke on something that wasn't my bed. It also went up and down... "What do you think, are they together?" I heard a male voice ask and my eyes stayed closed. I didn't want to wake up. "Maybe. Kara said they held hands the entire time in National City." I  slowly opened my eyes and noticed where I laid. On top of Barry. I looked up to Iris and Joe, as they stood infront of the couch, looking down at us with a certain smile. "Not a word." I said sleepily and noticed several things. My hand was on Barry's chest and his arm was around my waist.

I sighed and when Barry began to wake up I rolled off the couch and stayed down. I groaned and felt the heat in my cheeks. "Zoe?" Someone asked and I quickly sat up. "Joe? Iris?" Barry asked. I got up and scratched the back of my head awkwardly as I looked at the three people. "So, um, you guys got together?" Iris asked and Barry and I shared a look before I said, "Hey, I'm just- gonna go and get dressed..." I said before I teleported myself to my apartment and sighed when I walked into the bathroom to shower.

-

I walked into Star Labs after I finished getting ready and Cisco turned around to me in his chair with a smirk. "Tell me... is Storm also falling for Barry?" I looked at the others before I walked past him and sat down. Harry rolled his eyes at Cisco, while Caitlin came in from her lab with a vial that contained something black. Then she froze it with her powers and suddenly, the blood began to bubble.  "Is that my blood?" I asked and Caitlin shook her head.

"No, it's Echo's." She answered. "The cells in yours and Echo's blood are reacting that way when exposed to cold temperatures. It's causing your powers to get weaker or work differently." Caitlin explained. Then Caitlin's eyes turned white and she held out her hand. "May I?" She asked and I nodded, putting my hand in hers. She began to freeze my hand and Cisco then hold an empty cup infront of me. He threw it in the air and I used my other hand to try and get the cup in my hands but it landed in Cisco's hand again. Caitlin let go of my hand and the ice slowly began to melt. Cisco put the cup down and I sighed while I sat down. "Hey, um, were there any new updates on Thawne?" I asked and Cisco nodded. "Yep. Barry told us to stay and not to tell you that he was on it." I rolled my eyes and got up. "So, you're letting him do this alone?" I asked in disbelief. "Zoe, he is faster than Thawne and he's got this. Right, Barry?" Cisco said and I raised an eyebrow as they spoke through comms. "He said he's fine." I took a deep breath before I sat down and closed my eyes for a moment.

Just when I opened my eyes, Barry sped in the middle of the cortex and sighed as he took off his mask. "He- he wants to talk. He said he wants to end this game." I got up  from my seat and frowned. "A game? That's what this is to him?" I asked and Barry shrugged. "Before he chased me through the city, he said that he never had the intend of killing me, that it would disrupt the timeline... Just for us to get him back home. With the help of Storm. If you refuse, he'd kill Echo." Barry said and my hands turned to fists.