2. Speed and cold

I awoke with a loud gasp and slowly sat up. "Hey, how do you feel?" Caitlin approached me and smiled sympathetically. "I feel better." I whispered, remembering what had happened. "When you passed out and your meta side took over we filmed it." Caitlin said and handed me a tablet that showed me with silver hair, throwing them around. Caitlin's brown hair had turned white and she shot ice out of her hands. I frowned and the video abruptly stopped when the woman who looked like me had glared at the camera. "It appears you are able to control your surroundings. Which is pretty cool!" Cisco said as he entered the room. I got up from the bed I was laying in. "Totally cool if you have to pass out to use them." I said and I took out the needle that was in my arm. "We could train you. Help you to stay in control." Caitlin said and I turned to face her. "How?" I whispered. "Come." Cisco spoke and I followed him and Caitlin into another room.

"Welcome to the speed lab. Barry is the only one using it at the time but I suggested we should also use it for your training." I frowned and looked at the dark-haired male. "What do you mean Barry is using it?" In that moment The Flash appeared infront of me and took off his mask. When it revealed my best friend I stumbled backwards and when I almost fell Barry catched me and got me back on my feet. "You're... You're him? You're the Flash?" I asked and he slowly nodded. Then I felt betrayed. I felt lied to. And I felt mad that apparantly all of them knew. My so-called friends.

Barry suddenly stepped backwards and looked cautiously at me. "Zoe, just calm down. Everything is going to be fine." He said and tried to reassure me. I felt something change inside of me. That was when Barry leaped forward and got a hold on my shoulders. We were then surrounded by streaks of lightning as I felt that I was doing something. "What-" Barry whispered confused. "You." He looked back at me and I realized, too, that no one was moving except us. "It's you. You're slowing down time." He said and I shook my head. "How is this possible?" I asked quietly, unsure of what I was still doing. "Your powers seem only to come through when you're feeling angry or distressed. It's the same with Caitlin." He said and I frowned again. "Caitlin? She's one, too?" Barry nodded. "She's meta-human, yes. Just like us. But Zoe, listen. You've gotta stop slowing down time now. Try to... let go. It's gonna be okay." He smiled at me and I looked up in his eyes. Then I squeezed my eyes shut and when I opened them and exhaled air again the people around us moved.

"Are you okay?" Barry asked and stepped away from me. I nodded and smiled at him and his team. "I'm fine." Then I turned to Cisco. "So, Cisco what kind of training do you have in mind?" I asked with a smirk. "Well, first we would like to speak to your... room mate." He said and Caitlin eyes changed from brown to an icey blue and her hair was now complete white.

"You must be the new one, Zoe. I'm Killer Frost." I shared a look with Cisco and he nodded. "She may look dangerous but she's not gonna hurt you." He said and I sighed. "I don't know how to..." I struggled to say the words and Killer Frost sighed. On her right hand appeared a small icicle and within a second she had thrown it into my direction, it embedding in my thigh.

Then something inside of me seemed to click and I now was fully awake as I opened my eyes, shining silver. I grabbed the icicle, pulled it out and threw it onto the ground. "That was not very nice." A voice that wasn't  really my own growled. "That's cute. The whole silver thing." Killer Frost said and another bigger icicle appeared on her hand. "Now show me what you've got." She spoke and when she threw the icicle in my direction I instinctly held out my left hand and it began to melt before it reached me. Killer Frost's face began to change and she stepped forward. She was serious.

The next icicle hit me in the stomach and I groaned before I pulled it out. "You stone cold bitch!" I hissed and then threw the icicle back at her. It hit her in the shoulder. Suddenly I was not infront of her anymore but by entrance to the actual speed lab. Killer Frost turned around to me and I tried to get up, but failed.

"Caitlin!" I heard Cisco and Barry yell and Killer Frost snapped out of it and let Caitlin take over. I still laid on the floor, feeling like I couldn't really move. Barry, Caitlin and Cisco ran up to me and I tried my best to gain control over me again, but I failed. The wounds just wouldn't heal. "Let Zoe take over again. Or atleast tell me what I should do." Caitlin said and I shook my head. "She's too weak." The unknown voice spoke. "Zoe, you've gotta wake up." Cisco said and I smirked. "That's the thing. She is awake." The voice said. "She's a fighter. She always was." Then I felt the wounds heal and Caitlin sighed. "But I, on the other hand, make her stronger. I always did." The voice whispered and my eyes and hair changed back to their normal colours.

"Ooh, what about Silver Witch?" Cisco asked as we all sat in the cortex. I groaned for the fourth time. "No, Cisco. You will not give my evil alter-ego a name." Cisco glared at me. "You're a part of this team now. You'll need a cool name, believe me." I raised an eyebrow and eyed him. "Oh yeah? What's yours?" I asked and he smiled. "Vibe." I chuckled. "So, the Flash, Killer Frost and Vibe?" I asked and Caitlin smiled at our playful bickering when I looked at the others. "And Silver Witch." Cisco said and I rolled my eyes. "It's not that bad." Caitlin said and I began to laugh. "It is!" I said and continued to laugh.

"You know that your life is going to change as soon as you join us? It's dangerous out there and with your powers that we know nothing about... I don't want to see you get hurt." Barry said and I smiled at him. "And that's why I will stay here until I know what this is. I will not go out with you guys, fighting crime. I'll figure out what my powers are. But it'll take some time." I explained and Barry nodded. "I could help you." Caitlin said and I smiled at her. "That would be great. But Killer Frost is not going to hurt me again, or is she?" Caitlin immediately shook her head. "No, no. She won't hurt you. She even kind of likes that other side of yours. She feels that you are more similiar to me than any other person and I agree." She said and I chuckled. "Oh, god. Killer Frost got a new best friend." Cisco dramatically said and I was back to smiling.