Prologue.

She's crying again.

It's the third day she slept over at my place.

Third day that I've been hearing her crying.

As much as I want to comfort her, I can't. I'm bad at comforting people, even listening. As much as I want to make this girl happy, I can't seem to have courage to actually ask her if she's doing fine.

And If I ever do, she's going to say that she's fine, or she's doing good.

When in reality, she's just hurt by the people around her.

It's the third day that I've been secretly hearing her cry her heart out. I pretend to be asleep, just to hear what's wrong.

Yeah, sure, being rich is great, but to be honest, not all things can be bought by money. People say money can, but if it does, then why do people like me, like her, isn't genuinely happy? Why are there wealthy people still suffering from sadness?

That's where people are wrong.

You see, we can't buy happiness, we can't buy feelings.

And that's why I'm still in pain,

Hoping that somehow, I can get this girl beside me, and protect her from everything that makes her cry.

Damn it, she doesn't deserve this,

No one deserves to be sad.

Now that I've thought about it, how long has she been like this?

How long has she been sad?

How long has she been hurt?

How long has she been enduring the pain?

It hurts me, knowing that she's sad and I can't do anything about it.

Because I'm just her friend, I can't know everything thing about her.

Jesus, Chaeyoung. When are you going to realize that you don't actually have a chance?