Chapter 1- Unexpected Joy (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

The two Italians dreaded to think what was wrong. Moreover, while Radiator Springs did have a doctor (Doc Paul Hudson), he was in Ohio for a few days visiting his sister. He wouldn't be back until the next day. So, they hoped it was nothing too serious.

Well, the bulge in her stomach explained a lot.

"We need help!" the pickup truck shouted. "The baby's coming now!"

Guido and Luigi shared a panicked look. Neither one of them knew anything about childbirth, especially not human childbirth. Still, they knew they had to help in any way that they could. Of all the times to not have Doc here!

The girl had already put her legs up, ready to begin pushing.

"Do you have any blankets or towels?" Luigi wanted to know.

"I... have... one... right... here..." the girl managed to utter between panting and grunting in pain. She held up a red plaid blanket.

Luigi nodded. Then he saw what was happening. Even though what he knew about human childbirth could be fit into the head of a pin, he could tell that the baby was coming. "Okay, push!" he instructed, remembering what he'd heard on TV, though not quite sure what she was supposed to be pushing. He just hoped that this girl would know what to do and he would just make sure the baby got out.

For a long time, nothing seemed to really happen. The girl was pushing as hard as she could, but to no avail. Luigi just kept encouraging her to push as he, Guido and the truck (who had introduced himself as Steve) watched on.

After a while, Luigi gasped. "I see a head!"

Steve peered where Luigi was looking and when he, too, saw the head, his eyes rolled back and he fainted from disgust. Though, nobody had much time to worry about that. Guido and Luigi were too focused on the baby. They couldn't quite believe what they were seeing. This was a person starting his or her life. It was the miracle of life.

"(I do too!)" Guido breathed. (AN: You'll know this if you've read my other works, but a quote in brackets like this is supposed to be said in Italian. I just don't bother translating because Google Translate isn't a reliable source.)

"(This is really happening! Keep pushing!)"

"Keep pushing!" Luigi translated. "I think the shoulders are coming out now! Keep pushing! You are almost there! Keep pushing, keep pushing and..."

A thin wail rang out as Guido held up the baby that had just come out of this girl.

Luigi's eyes filled with tears. "E bellissima!" he exclaimed. "I can't believe there is an angel right in front of me!"

Guido seemed just as thrilled. "(She is so cute! I can't believe we just did that!)"

Luigi held the baby up for her exhausted mother to see. "It is a girl, no?"

"Yeah", she confirmed. "It's a girl." She didn't exactly sound over the moon to be a mother, but Luigi just assumed that was because she was tired and probably still in a bit of pain. He felt tired just watching that.

So, he simply nodded. Then he looked at his best friend. "I think we will need some scissors", he informed him. "To cut this off." He nodded at the umbilical cord.

So, Guido handed over the baby to Luigi and sped off.

The Fiat held the baby, staring at her, raptured. This little girl was the first human to ever be born in Radiator Springs. She was born on June sixteenth at exactly 4:17 PM.

"Do you have a name for her yet?" he questioned.

"Nope", the mother replied, seemingly disinterested.