Chapter 3

Brianna POV

Me: That's not true. Stop lying on him.

Darien: Bri, stop trying to cover it up. He's dead now. He can't hurt you anymore.

Me: I don't know what you're talking about.

We heard the front door close.

I turned around and it was my mom.

Mom: Bri, was your dad hurting you?

Me: No. He never hurt me.

Mom: Put the bat down and come talk to me baby girl.

Something about her voice made me put it down and go into the living room with her.

Mom: Everyone else needs to go downstairs or somewhere but y'all can't stay right there.

Everyone dispersed and she sat me down.

Mom: Did he hurt you Brianna? You can tell me anything baby girl.

Me: Why did you let him take me mommy?

Mom: I didn't want to baby girl. I fought hard for you. I really did. Your dad, he was always sneaky and he did some messed up things to get you. Never your brothers. Only you. And now I know why.

Me: I always asked about you and he would never say anything. One day, I kept asking about you and he beat me.

Mom: I'm so sorry baby. I am. I never wanted for you to have to go with him. I would have never willingly let him take you away from us. I know his accident was tragic but maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Me: Mom, his accident wasn't and accident.

Mom: What do you mean?

Me: Well last year, I started hanging around some people and let's just say they aren't that nice. They found out what was happening and they decided that they were going to save me from him. After the whole forced abortion thing, they suspected him but I didn't think he would do that but I guess with everything else he did, that wasn't too far fetched.

Mom: So they killed him?

Me: I think so.

Mom: Why did they wait a whole year to get rid of his ass?

Me: Because I'm pregnant again. They weren't going to let him take this baby away from me too.

Mom: Your stomach is so flat. How far along are you?

Me: 2 months. I had planned on telling you later on but I'm glad to have that out now.

Mom: I'll make you a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Me: Okay.

Mom: Do you want something to eat?

Me: Yes. I'm starving.

Mom: Okay. I'll call everyone back up and then I'll cook.

I nod my head.

She called them back upstairs.

Darien: Brianna, I'm really sorry about everything.

Me: Get out Darien.

Darien: Come on. Give me a chance.

Me: No. Just leave me alone.

Darien: Bri-

Pat cut him off.

Pat: You need to leave Darien.

Darien: Bri just give me another chance. I promise I won't mess it up.

Me: NO! I'M DONE WITH YOU SO LEAVE!

Mom: Bri, don't get all worked up again. It's not good for you or...

Me: Or the baby. You're right.

I turned to Darien.

Me: You're no longer worth my energy so I need for you to stay out of my life.

I turned around and went to get some water.

Darien: I know where the baby is.

I whip around and look at him.

Me: What?

Darien: I know where she is and you won't ever know.

Me: Tell me where she is.

Darien: If you want to know, you gotta do something for me first.

I can't believe he is doing this in front of my mom and my brothers. I decide to just play along.

Me: What?

Darien: We should go somewhere else to talk about it.

Me: Okay.

I start to lead him up to my room.

Mom: Brianna what are you doing?

Me: Mom, it's okay.

I gave her a look to let her know that it's all good and honestly, I'm scheming. I know what he wants and I also know what I'm bout to do.

We go in my room and close the door. We go over to my bed and then he lays down. I get on top of him and lean down to his ear.

Me: Tell me where my baby is or I'll kill you.

I pulled the knife out of the back of my pants where I had slid it before I came up here with him and put it to his neck.

Darien: Somebody help me!!

Me: They're not going to help you Darien. No one will. Now tell me where my baby is or I'll slice your throat, watch you bleed out, and then call someone to have you chopped up into tiny pieces and burned so that no one will ever be able to find you. Okay?

Darien: She's in a group home here in Atlanta. They just moved her there about 2 weeks ago.

Me: What's the name of it?

Darien: Shariun's Home. It's not far from here. Actually it's just about 5 minutes away.

Me: I should really kill you but I won't. Be grateful that I am letting you live. Now get up, and we'll walk downstairs together, then you'll stay here with my brother's and I'll leave you there until we go to find my baby. You won't have a chance to take her away from me anymore. Okay?

Darien: Okay.

He got up and then we both went downstairs.

Me: Do y'all mind keeping an eye on him until we get back?

Pat: We got him.

Me: Okay. Mom we need to go.

We went out and got in her car. I typed Shariun's Home into the GPS and my mom headed there.

She pulled up and we both went in.

I went up to the front and the lady asked me what she could help me with.

Me: I'm here for my daughter Damari Breeding.

Lady: She's in here.

She led us through the doors to the nursery. She walked us over to a playpen where a little girl was laying down.

My little girl. She's beautiful.

We packed up the stuff that she had here, filled out the paperwork, and headed home

______________________________________
Chapter 4 coming soon