23

At the end of the night, Jaemin's parents were inside with Soyeon's mom, drinking wine and telling stories in the kitchen. Soyeon had helped clean up a little bit and then brought Jaemin upstairs while she went to talk to Sora.

She knocked on the guest bedroom door, biting her lip. For the first time in her life, she wasn't afraid to confront her sister about something. If this were her when she was little, she would be shaking with fear right now, but she wasn't little. She was grown up now and she was going to stand up for the man she loved.

"Come in," Sora called out. Unlike her sister, she was terrified of the conversation to come. She hadn't joined the barbecue after Soyeon had caught her hitting on Jaemin, but instead locked herself in her room.

Soyeon walked into her bedroom, shutting the door behind her. "I was gonna wait for Jaemin to go home but I don't think that's happening any time soon and we need to talk about this now," she said. Sora nodded and sat up on her bed, patting the space in front of her.

Soyeon sat down and took a breath. "I don't even know what to say," she breathed out. Sora nodded and bit her lip.

"Can I try?" Sora asked. Soyeon nodded. "Look, Jaemin's a really attractive kid, no doubt. And I've sort of become a slut. I have a pretty bad reputation in Jeju. I make my way around." Sora laughed to herself, questioning why she was being so brutally honest. "I just—I'm not used to having a sister around. Or anyone that I give a shit about. And I realize now that you and Jaemin really care about each other."

Soyeon sighed. "That's an understatement. I can't even tell you how I feel about him. He's the first person in my life that I feel like I can genuinely feel things around. I love him, and I'm okay with that. Before him, I wasn't open to love. I didn't understand it, and I didn't care to."

Sora nodded. "I know. I can see it all over your face. And obviously dad and I are the reason you have so many problems."

"Ouch," Soyeon mumbled.

"I didn't mean it like that," Sora said. "I just—I'm sorry."

Soyeon nodded. "Let's just do us for now. Maybe stay away from Jaemin for the time being."

Sora nodded and put her pinky out. "Deal," she said. Soyeon intertwined her pinky with her sister's with a smile.

"I've gotta go entertain Jaemin, but I'll come in when he leaves," Soyeon said. Sora nodded and Soyeon left the room, heading back to her own. When she opened the door, Jaemin was laying in her bed, fast asleep, with his shirt off.

Her eyes widened and she swallowed dryly, trying to avoid looking at his bare chest. She turned off the light and sat on the floor on her phone, not looking at him. She forgot to turn her ringer off, though, and when Heejin sent her an Instagram post, the sound woke Jaemin up.

He made a small moaning sound as he rolled over, looking at the small amount of light coming from the corner of the room. "Why are you sitting on the floor?" he mumbled.

"Because you're shirtless in my bed," Soyeon answered. Jaemin smirked, and although she couldn't see it, Soyeon knew he was.

"What's the matter? Am I flustering you?" he asked cockily. Soyeon grabbed one of the pillows he had thrown on the floor and threw it at him. He laughed and turned on the lamp next to her bed.

"Will you put a shirt on?" Soyeon whined. Jaemin smirked again.

"Wanna put it on for me?" he asked, holding up his shirt. Soyeon rolled her eyes and grabbed his shirt out of his hands as she stood up, smacking him with it. He laughed and then grabbed her arms, pulling her down onto him.

She gasped as she fell on top of him, her hands on his bare chest, feeling it rise and fall as he breathed. She breathed against him, staring into his eyes. "You still want me to put my shirt on?" Jaemin whispered. Soyeon just continued to stare at him until he closed the space between them.

Jaemin held the back of her head, his fingers burying themselves under the first layer of her hair. Soyeon was breathing rapidly, trying to find air in between their sloppy kisses. She held onto his chest for support, occasionally moving one up to his shoulder.

Getting tired of holding herself up, she began moving onto her side, not breaking away from Jaemin's lips. He held onto her hips while he flipped them, hovering himself over her. He kissed her passionately, trying to show all his love in one action.

There was a knock at the door and Soyeon immediately pushed Jaemin off of her, so hard he fell to the floor. She held back a laugh and threw his shirt at him as she got up to open the door.

Sora was standing in the hallway, holding up a bracelet. "I meant to give this to you earlier. I stole this from you when you were like 6 and never gave it back," she said, holding it out. Soyeon took the bracelet and nodded.

"Thanks! Love you! Goodnight!" She shut the door and turned to look at Jaemin as she slid down the wood. He looked at her with a chuckle.

"Somebody's always gotta kill the mood," he muttered bitterly.