Chapter 34 - Goodbye Fear

Start from the beginning

He slowly tore me down like the sugar in candy and now its too late, I'm stuck here battling with a broken heart, a baby on the way, and the thought of losing it and Tomar all at once.

Worst part is, he not only strung me along, but he strung our entire family along.

Gave the kids hope he shouldn't have.

Because there will be no us.

I may still love him because my heart refuses to listen to my brain, but my brain understands my self worth and not even my heart can deny it.

One may wonder why I'm still here, but I just couldn't leave.

Well I was planning to leave then but I realized that Tomar is not legally mine. Her mom is here and I can't take her away.

How do I now leave and give up a child my heart has adopted as its own to love unconditionally?

I love that little girl to the moon and back. I love her just as if I had given birth to her myself.

Also Elena wouldn't let me leave since they were all staying until Bryce is better, Cara is busy and my parents went on a cruise for their anniversary. Turns out they were just legally separated and never divorced because dad had refused to give mom a divorce.

My father now refers to it as my mothers  "midlife crisis."

So in other words I would be home alone with the kids and Elena thought of it as too much stress with all that I'm going through. I would have objected, but it was the truth.

This pregnancy seems like it will be a hard one, and that's crazy because the triplets weren't a walk in the park, but it wasn't this nerve wrecking and its only one baby.

I have been getting really sick. Ethan had to have a doctor come over and take a look at me yesterday because I haven't been able to keep anything down for the past two days.

I'm losing a little bit of weight and find myself feeling dizzy sometimes but hopefully it will all pass by the end of my first trimester.

I heard the door open and look up to see Elena standing there with her hands oh her hips.

I then realize she has a scolding look on her face.

Oh no! What did I do now to have mother bear coming back to fuss over me.

"You two! Didn't I tell you not to bother your mother?" She said to the boys.

Better them than me.

"It was Rush!" Ryder jumped up and ran out the room as fast as he could.