Chapter 28-ROMANTICALLY

"I can't believe I forgot my own birthday," I said to myself.
"Well said."

*lub dub lub dub

Shoot. It's happening again. Even though the voice came from the back, I knew it was Seth. I just gave him a sarcastic smile and then went back to looking at the people celebrating my birthday right now.

"Why aren't they celebrating your birthday in a luxurious way?" He asked without looking at me.
"Well.. My parents know that I don't really want to celebrate my birthday in a special way so I guess they told grandma about it," I shrugged.
"Has anyone ever told you that you're an interesting girl?"

I just looked at him and he did the same. Why would he say that? And why do I feel like I'm burning up? He pinched my nose. Way to break the ice Seth. He handed me a small box that was wrapped with a ribbon on the top.

"What's this? A present?"
"No Riley. It's a bomb. Be careful. It's going to blow up in a minute now," he emotionlessly said.
"Tsk. Stupid insensitive jerk. I was just asking," I said as I opened the box.
"How is it?" He asked.
"A wishbone necklace? But why?"
"They said it was for good luck. You know, for your CEO position and all." He explained and smiled. I returned the gesture as a sign of gratitude.
~~~~~
"Well that was fun!" I said as I stretched my hands up.

The others (except my family of course) already left so grandma's house was quiet again.

"Before this night ends, I have a special delivery for you," my dad said. He handed me an envelope.
"It's from your grandma. She said it was something that you requested a few days before."
.....
"Goodnight guys! I'm going to sleep. Thanks again for tonight! Love you!" I quickly said and ran to my room.
~~~~~
"Finally!! The list!! Thank you grandma!! Now I can really prove that Steve is really SM!
.....
There are only three people in the list who are from our school: Seth, Steve and Diana. My pen pal is a guy so that eliminates Diana. Next, his initials are SM. Steve Millers=SM. That concludes it then.
.....
Seth Michael=SM. Wait what?! So that means Seth CAN be SM. Shoot. But then that's just impossible. Why would it be impossible? I don't know. Ugh!
~~~~~
"That's a nice necklace you have there Suzanne."
"S-steve?! You scared me! What are you doing here this early?" I asked. He was seating on the couch like he owns it. I just sighed and went closer to him so I could communicate with him better.
"Who gave you that piece of jewelry Suzanne?"
"It was me. Got a problem with that?"

Great. Seth's here. The situation just got worse.

"What are you doing here Seth?" Steve stood up grinning.
"Same question goes for you Steve."

One of these guys is SM. Seth? Steve? Who?

"Visiting a friend. You?" Steve answered with a straight face.
"I'm her private tutor for her CEO position. Now why don't you tell me your true reason."
"Well... I kinda forgot about her birthday yesterday so I'm here to make up for it. Suzanne's okay with the idea. Right Suzanne?"

Steve knows all about SM while some of Seth's words are pretty similar to SM's. This is so confusing.

"McKenzie."
"Huh? What?" I finally got my senses back.
"Never mind. You were not even listening. Just get this over with. I'll wait in your room."
"You teach her inside her room?" Steve asked raising his eyebrows.
"Yeah. What's wrong with that?" I said cluelessly.
"I'm not like you Steve. I would never do anything to McKenzie. Don't influence her with your dirty mind Steve," Seth said and left.
.....
"Do you even know why he gave you that necklace?" Steve asked.
"As a present for my birthday. Why?"
"You've got to be kidding me Suzanne."
"I'm not trying to be funny Steve."
"Anyway, belated happy birthday. As a present, I'm going to tell you a secret."
"McKenzie! We don't have whole day you know. You can continue your conversation some other time," Seth interrupted.
"I guess I'll give you my present in school," he winked and waved goodbye.

What was that all about? A secret? Is he planning to confess to me about him being SM?
~~~~~
"Are you ready for tomorrow's event?" Seth suddenly asked.
"Event? What do you mean?"
"Dianna's party."
..... (you mean your engagement party?)
"I don't know. Maybe."
"Actually, you are expected to be there."
"...Oh right. Business matters," I rolled my eyes.
"That's it for tod---"
"Seth Michael Smith."
"What's wrong? Is it that important that you had to mention my complete name?" He chuckled.
"Nothing. I was just messing with you."
~~~~~
Why didn't I ask about him and Diana? I was supposed to confirm about their relationship. Wait. Why am I interested? It's none of my business right? But why do I feel so irritated when I think about what's gonna happen tomorrow? Seth you idiot. Stupid insensitive jerk. I don't even know why I'm mad at him.

"Big sis? Aren't you gonna prepare for tomorrow?" Cathy asked disturbing my thoughts.
"Help me Cathy."
"What's up? You don't have anything to wear?"
"That's not it. I have this emotional problem and I don't know how to deal with it."
"Are you on your period?"

I picked up the pillow nearest to me and threw it to her.

"I am not. Crazy. I just have this feeling that I'm not supposed to feel."
"This is a free country big sis. What's stopping you from feeling what you want to feel? It will get worse if you try to stop it."

That was impressive coming from my little sister's mouth. She has a point though. Maybe. Just maybe... I'm starting to like Seth.

Romantically.
-----
A/N: hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating this story for a month. I got busy with college. Hope all of you understand. :)