CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Vampires," Harper said pointing to all of the originals currently present

Kol chuckled," You are surprisingly taking this really well Harper, usually humans freak out, and they go "MONSTER! FREAK!" He exaggerated making her cover her mouth before letting out a laugh.

She let out a cough to hide her amusement," Well, considering" She looked at Elijah and Kol," You both saved me, and well, since I met all of you, not once have you tried to, uh, drain blood from me? Is that how you say it?"

"Hmm or suck you dry" Kol joked as Rebekah slapped his arm

"Um, where is Freya?" Harper asked and Elijah looked down

"Freya went away for a while"

"D-Did I do something wrong?" Harper asked, as her heart rate skyrocketed, alerting The Originals in the room and Elijah sped over, kneeling down in front of her

"No, no, Harper, she has some business to take care of, I promise you, that you did absolutely nothing wrong"

He reached over putting a hand on her cheek, unknowingly, making his siblings share looks among each other, at the affectionate gesture.

It was not needed to be said, it was so obvious, how much Elijah was really caring for the human, but all of them couldn't help but think about how tragic, it would be.

Vampirism, could not cure cancer.

"Oh-here, Harper, I think your phone went off a little before you woke up, so I guess this means to take these?" Kol said walking over handing her medication bag, as her eyes shot wide. She knew eventually she'd have to tell them, but to find out by just seeing her medications, was not how she wanted it.

"Oh" was all Harper said as she took the bag out of his hands, as she looked down to it.

"I figured you did not tell us, because you prefer we don't treat you like you're going to break, so we can all promise you, that we won't do such a thing" Elijah said

Harper looked up at him, as tears formed in her eyes as she nodded," Thank you"

"By the way, I got all your belongings, and this will be your room from now on," Rebekah said motioning her hand to the bag in the corner, and Harper furrowed her brows," But-

"The shop is not safe since Freya is not around, she can't put a barrier to protect you" Elijah answered

Harper tilted her head," Barrier? Is that a thing Vampires can do?"

"Oh, Freya is not a vampire like us, she's a witch, an immortal one, kind of a complicated tale, but we can save that for another day," Kol added

She crossed her arms"So, if there are witches and Vampires, does that mean there are Werewolves?"

Elijah chuckled," Yes, Niklaus is a Hybrid, which is half vampire and half werewolf, and his wife, Keira is a werewolf, but also our family protector"

"If you told me this years ago, I'd think everyone was insane" Harper admitted sheepishly.