[17] The Rager

Mulai dari awal

When we walked in, the hybrids were making themselves at home, some lounging, others talking to each other, and other moving things for Klaus. We walked into the living room, looking at everything when we heard Tyler and his mother walk through the door.

Klaus let go of my hand, walking to the door frame of the living room, myself following. "Who the hell are you two?" Tyler questioned the two hybrids in the front.

"Tyler, it's ok. They're here for your protection." Carol explained. "More deputies?" he questioned in disbelief. "Not exactly." Klaus smirked, revealing his presence.

"They're hybrids." he sighed, annoyed in realization. "Emma and I were halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls." Klaus remarked, annoyed as well.

"Nice to know you care." Tyler said, sarcasm laced in his voice. "I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled--stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot. Not to mention taking me away from my beloved." he grabbed me and had his arm wrapped firmly around my waist. I smiled and hugged him lovingly.

"Yeah, well, you used my body as an escape hatch, then kissed my girlfriend, so maybe we're even." Tyler challenged. I rolled my eyes at him. Klaus shook his head. "Not even close."

"But you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." He pointed at the hybrids, backing me up with him. "Consider them your new bodyguards."

When we walked out of the room, I laughed at his fired up expression, and pulled him into a kiss, which he happily took. When we pulled away, I got a text from someone, and when I pulled out my phone, I saw it was from Elena, telling me to come to school.

I sighed in disappointment, looking back up at Klaus. "I have to go. School calls." I smiled. He looked at me, annoyed. "Do you really have to go to that wretched place?" he groaned.

"That wretched place will help me build a future, even though at this point, I probably don't need one." I smirked. He gave me a mischievous look, pecking me on the lips one last time before he let me go.

I waved him goodbye before walking out of the Lockwood's mansion on my way to school. As I got to my car, I could have sworn I saw someone familiar, a girl.

I scratched my shoulder in confusion, where my crescent birth mark was placed, but just shrugged it off, hopping into my car and driving off to school.

~

When I got to History, I sighed sadly. I miss Ric a lot. I wish he didn't get wrapped up in all this supernatural crap. He didn't deserve this.

I looked around, spotting Elena and Stefan. I waved to them and they waved at me as I took the open seat next to Elena. As I was about to start talking to her, however, Rebekah burst into the classroom.

"Morning, everyone." she chirped. "And just like that, I'm no longer feeling sentimental." Elena slumped back in her seat. I looked at Rebekah, curious to what she was doing.

"So, I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house--starts in fifth period, goes to whenever. Spread the word." she informed everyone, handing out flyers to people.