[17] The Rager

After spending the day with Klaus, skipping Pastor Young's funeral because I didn't like him very much, I got a text from Stefan telling me to meet him at the school. I was a bit confused, and kind of annoyed because it interrupted Klaus and I's make out session, but what the hell are friends for?

When I got out of my car, I saw Elena, Stefan, Matt, Jeremy, and Caroline were all at the benches. I also saw Bonnie and Damon approaching as well. "What are we going here?" I heard him ask.

"I don't know. Ask Stefan." Bonnie replied. I walked up to all of them, confused as well on why I was here. Stefan was pulling lanterns out of a box, causing me to furrow my eyebrows in further confusion.

"Stefan. What are we doing?" Damon questioned. I nodded, agreeing with him. "We're finishing the memorial we didn't get to have earlier." he started passing the lanterns out to everyone. "We need to start healing, Damon."

"We've all lost so much, especially recently. I think we're numb to it." Stefan handed me a lantern, it was a plain white one. "We push it away, we make a joke out of it, ignore how we feel. Time to just let ourselves grieve."

Elena gave him an approving nod, while I just looked at him curiously, wondering where this came from. "So you're lighting lanterns." Damon remarked.

"Yeah, yeah. We need to do this." Stefan confirmed. "What we need to do is find out who this hunter is and what he knows about the death of the council. We have more important things to be doing right now than this." Damon tried to reason.

"Not tonight, we don't." Stefan replied. Damon scoffed, annoyed. Stefan gave him a hard stare, before turning his attention to the lantern in his hand.

"This is for my Uncle Zach. My friend Lexi. For Alaric." he spoke, before lighting the lantern. I tensed up at Alaric, missing him. He was like my dad.

"This is for Vicki." Matt simply said, lighting his lantern. Caroline then walked over and grabbed the lighter from Matt. "This is for my dad. And Tyler's." she spoke.

Jeremy then hopped up from his place, grabbing the lighter from Caroline. He looked at Elena and I. "This is for our parents," he looked at Matt. "for Vicki, Anna, Jenna." Elena and I both nodded at him. "And Alaric." Jer added.

He then handed the lighter to me, and suddenly all the attention was now on me, as I sighed. "This is for our parents," I looked at Elena and Jer. "Jenna, Alaric, and you, Elena." I gave her a small smile as she looked at me, gratefully.

I then offered the lighter to Damon, but he quickly refused. "No way. I'm not doing that." he then walked away, to his car, before driving off. I only sighed, disappointed, before handing the lighter to Bonnie.

She took a lantern out of the box, before accepting the lighter from me. She took a deep breath before speaking. "This is for my grams."

Elena then got up, taking the lighter from Bonnie, before standing next to Stefan. "This, um... is for my mom, my dad, and... Jenna. Everyone that we've all lost; everyone that this town has lost. And for me. I guess."

We then all took each others hands. I took Bonnie and Caroline's hands as we all released our lanterns, all of them glowing in the beautiful night sky. This was a reason I was going to miss Mystic Falls, but I wanted to move on with Klaus, and as long as I had him, I was on top of the world.

~

I sighed in annoyance at the familiar sight of Tyler Lockwood's mansion. Klaus and I finally left, but had to postpone due to an incident involving Tyler.

Klaus and I intertwined our fingers together as we walked up to the mansion. Klaus was more irritated than I was, because he wasn't as fond of Mystic Falls as I am.