Teenagers

"Dad!" Hamish runs down the hall, screaming for help, "Mazie is chasing me!"

"Come here you twat!" Mazie shouts, "I swear to Uncle Mycroft, I'm going to make sure you're arse never gets a girlfriend after I screw up your face!"

"Papa!" Hamish calls again, running into the kitchen and hiding behind John.

"Mazie Holmes, leave your brother alone!" John snaps, hugging Hamish.

"Hammy broke my laptop." Mazie growls, "My whole life was on that laptop!"

"As in..." John raises his eyebrows.

"She is applying for college, John." Sherlock points out from the living room while he helps Will with his violin, "She was probably drafting her applications. Plus all her music, photos, and school projects were there."

"And Ham ruined everything." Mazie crossed her arms, "Plus, I paid for that thing myself!"

"Hamish, is this true?" John pushes his son away at arms length.

"She shoulda have put it so close to the edge of our desk." Hamish mumbles.

"Hamish!" John scolds, "Apologize."

"I'm sorry I broke your stupid laptop." Hamish exhaled sharply. There was a knock from the door and Mazie ran down to get it.

"Uncle Mycroft!" She greets happily, "Dad! Papa! Uncle Myc is here!"

"Maze, come up here and eat something." John orders. Mazie and Mycroft walk into the kitchen.

"Dad, I'm not hungry." Mazie shrugs, "I need to go but a new laptop. Thank god Hammy didn't break my flash drive."

"You're lucky your father made you get that." John mutters, "Good morning, Mycroft."

"John. Hamish." Mycroft nods, "William. Sherlock."

"What did I do this time?" Mazie sighs, sitting on the table.

"Yesterday, someone reported you were seen with a boy in Speedy's." Mycroft looks down his nose, "Who is he?"

"Mycroft!" Sherlock snapped, bring Will into the kitchen for some food, "Stop spying on my daughter."

"We're just friends, Uncle, I've made that very clear to him." Mazie laughs, "Really, I swear."

"Oh my god, Mazie has a boy friend!" Hamish shouted.

"I'm going to rip the flesh off your bones and then freeze it, do science experiments on it, and then make your dead corpse eat it." Mazie threatens.

"Dad!" Hamish calls.

"Mazie, that was a little melodramatic." Sherlock chuckled, kissing his daughter on her head, "Good morning, by the way."

"Is it always this chaotic in the morning?" Mycroft scoffs.

"Yes." The Holmes Family reply, all say down at the table. There were two open seats. Mycroft decided that spending sometime with his niece and nephews wouldn't hurt, so he filled one of the empty chairs.

"Okay, let's get this over with." Sherlock sighs, "What do you need us for?"

"One name, Sherlock." Mycroft sighs, "Moriarty." Everyone at the table tensed, even Mazie stopped breathing for a half a second, expecting to be shot in the head by a spider.

"What about... James." Sherlock asks.

"He's made a few appearances lately. I didn't want to bring it up but... have you turned on the news?" Mycroft seems reluctant to end his sentence.