T W E N T Y - F O U R / WHERE YOU WANNA BE

Mulai dari awal

The caving in of his chest, the sinking in his stomach, the the burning knot in his throat?

He couldn't remember the last time he cried, and he tried his best to resist the tears from coming to his eyes but it was too late. Was he really crying over a woman? He asked himself.

Azure had him fucked up.

He couldn't believe he fell for the innocent shy act, just to be bamboozled. He felt sick, and nothing at the moment could make him feel better.

The only place he could think to go was the gym. His sanctuary, he hoped he could punch away his feelings, giving Azure enough time to grab her shit and bounce. There was no way he could be with her, especially due to the fact he was trying his hardest not to cheat when bitches were throwing the pussy left and right, just for her to cheat with the nigga who left her crying.

His mind ran a mile a minute while he raced through the twenty minute drive, getting there in ten instead. He hadn't even gotten a chance to take off his workout gear, and he was already back in the grey four walls he spent majority of his time in.

"You leave something behind?" Maria asked, seeing him stroll solemnly inside.

Nico just shook his head no, and anyone with eyes could see he was hurting. From what? Maria wasn't sure. But if she knew anything about men, they were vulnerable and would love to bury their pain before addressing it.

Instead of going straight to the gym equipment he made his way back to the office to clear his head. He hadn't been alone ten minutes before Maria came knocking at the door.

"Hey, I'm heading out so just lock up when you're done." she told him as she peeked into the door.

"Alright." was all he could muster up.

However instead of leaving, Maria just glared at him a little while longer.

"You need something?" Nico asked agitated, looking up from the computer.

"No, but ... you don't look so good. I'm here if you want to talk."

"It's nothing to talk about."

"You sure?" She said giving him a knowing look.

Seeing she wasn't going to let up, Nico ran his hands over his hair and down to his trimmed beard.

"Me and my girl broke up" he said in an unsure tone, as if he didn't want to believe it himself, "Is that enough for you?"

That was all Maria needed to hear.

"Come on" she said opening the door wider, "We're going."

"Going where?" He asked, his eyebrow raised.

"I'm going to take you for a drink. You do not need to be cooped up in this small office, you're going to lose your mind. Let's go"

Nico wasn't used to being told what to do, but he knew she was right. His head was spinning and being around paperwork wasn't helping one bit. Grabbing his keys, he lifted up from the chair and followed Maria out of the door.

"We won't be needing your car." Maria smirked as they walked out of the parking lot.

She pulled out a set of keys and unlocked her car doors to a small Honda Civic, "I'm driving now."

"That's Wassup" Nico nodded, hopping into the passenger seat.

He didn't know what bar Maria was taking him to, but he honestly didn't care. He just needed to throw one back. In only a few minutes, they were inside of a spot called Spike's, sitting at the long wooden bar.