(18) Help! Missing Goddess

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS IMPLICATIONS OF MATURE CONTENT 

PERCY POV

As I came to the center of the camp I was greeted with high fives and pats on the back. I stood laughing with my friends when suddenly a blonde came rushing toward me and tackled me into a hug.

"Percy!" she screamed

"Annabeth," I said trying to breathe and after a minute or so she finally let go.
"You did it! you beat the hunters."
"No, we did it." I didn't really do anything but denying it would only raise questions so I opted to share the victory. 

She just smiled and what she did next shocked me the most. She kissed me. The kiss lasted a few seconds before we pulled apart. I've like Annabeth for a while now at least I think what I feel is attraction. But I couldn't help but feel disappointed in the kiss. Everyone says that the first kiss gives you butterflied but I didn't really feel anything. 

"I-i Ummm... gonna check on the hunters in the infirmary," I said starting to walk away. She looked very disappointed in my reaction but awkwardly waved at me as I faded from her view. 

****Infirmary****

I walked into the infirmary seeing some of the hunters lying on the bed unconscious. Zoe and Phoebe-I think was her name- were awake tending their wounds. I guessed the rest of them must've been in their cabin or practicing their archery.

ZOE POV
I glanced up saw the son of Poseidon walk in. 'Why is he here?' I thought. I glanced to my side and saw Phoebe glaring at him. 

"What are you doing here boy?" I asked
"I just wanted to make sure you girls were alright," he replied.

"Were fine." 

Then a scream ripped through the peaceful environment causing all of us to jump.
It was one of the older hunters Allea. It seemed like she was having a nightmare. She was crying and talking in her sleep saying things like 'please don't hurt me, help, I didn't mean to'. I was going to go over and comfort her but Percy beat me to it.

He rushed to her side and gently shook awake.

"What are you doing! Get away from her!" Phoebe yelled out.

He simply ignored her, "Hey, it's alright. You're safe. No need to cry." He tried to soothe.
The hunter slowly opened her eyes and cried, even more, when she saw him. Her hands shot up and quickly wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're back. Please don't leave us again, please. Lady Artemis was so sad when you left. All of us were. You said...you said you weren't going to leave us. But you lied. You lied!"

Hearing those words...my heart sank to my stomach. Allea was easily one of the biggest man-haters in the group. She didn't allow any man to touch her with the exception of Perseus, who she has quite obviously mistaken for Percy in her disoriented state. 

'What's Percy gonna think. How am I supposed to explain this to him?' 

But to mine and Phoebe's shock, he just wrapped his own arms around her. I saw Pheobe pulling out her weapons but stopped at his words, "Don't worry I'm not going anywhere. I promise you that Allea." 

'How does he know her name?'

THIRD POV
He wrapped his arms around her tighter. He stroked her hair while rubbing her back in a circular motion, lulling her back to sleep. He tucked her in while the two hunters watched him. Once he was aware that she was completely unconscious he turned to Zoe. "Where's lady Artemis? Has she not returned?" He asked as if nothing had happened.