"Those people that can do magic."

He knows about wizards?

I retrieved a bottle of Thirium from Connor's room since he kept a stash there just in case. I'll just have to make an excuse for that later.

Handing the Thirium to Simon for him to drink, I patch up his bullet wounds, cleaning it up with a damp towel and bandaging it. I'll probably keep it there until the skin heals fully.

"How do you know about magic, Simon?" I ask.

He wipes some Thirium from the corner of his mouth. "The family I served, they were a family that has magical abilities, I was their companion for a few years."

I sat beside him on the couch, taking a glance at the time. I still had a few hours before I need to go back to Stratford and be with Hank and Connor.

"What made you become deviant?"

"I... Their son... He kept talking to me, a very curious boy, he was - He kept on wondering if androids could feel emotions," He looks down.

"He showed me movies, made me read books, cracked jokes, and - there was one time He showed me the wonders her magical abilities can do, and I swear, that's when I broke free."

I stare at him, not sure of what to say. Connor once told me that deviants tend to become deviants due to irrational orders.

But here I am, staring at the living proof that not every deviant breaks free due to that reason. They deviate from their programming because they choose to.

"I felt wonder, I felt happiness, I felt everything and nothing at once. He was so happy, and I think it made me feel happy, too."

I smile. "Simon, I think you're in love."

"Love?" His LED blinks amber. "I've heard of that word... I read it in books he made me read, and heard it in movies he made me watch."

"Love. A thrilling yet terrifying emotion," I sigh.

Simon said nothing, and continued to stare at the window, where the view of snowy Detroit was plastered.

"What about you, Florentine?" He trained his eyes on me. "Why are you helping me?"

"Honestly? I don't know," I say, shrugging. "When people look at deviants, all they see are androids that have bugs in their programs that need to be repaired. I used to have the same ideology.

"But then I thought, what if I was on the wrong side? What if I was just standing against people who just want to be free?"

Simon gave me a smile. "I trust you, Florentine."

I nod. "Thank you."

We talked for a couple of hours. About me, the family he served, the magical community here in America, and I told him about the British wizarding world.

It was time now for me to go back to Stratford Tower.

I got some extra Thirium from Connor's stash, since I saw that Simon lost a fair amount of blue blood earlier.

"Simon, are you able to walk?" I ask as I go back to the living room, Thirium bottle in hand.

"Not much, but I assume this will take less than twenty-four hours for me to be able to walk normally."

I tilt my head, and come over to him, helping him up. "I'll take you to my room, since Connor is staying here, too."

Simon tensed up. "Connor? The deviant hunter? Florentine, if he finds me, it'll be over-"