Chapter 2 - Just a little jealousy

Dean
As I woke up, I noticed that something was different. I could have sworn that I slept in on the floor. And not under Seamus blanket.

„Hey, have you seen my blanket?"
Seamus was making himself breakfast.

„No idea, sorry. I wasn't paying attention, but maybe you didn't find it or just took the wrong blanket? I don't know, I was working the whole night", he said while trying to master cooking scrambled eggs.

„Why didn't I just-", I was jumping out of my bed, still wearing the clothes from the day before.
„Why didn't I just use my wand? Accio my blanket?", I said, as I took his wand out of his pocket. A second later, the blanket lifted in the air, appearing from under my bed.
„My bad, Seamus. Sorry", I said.
„No, it's totally okay", Seamus said.

But the bad thing about knowing someone very well is also being able to know when they're lying. I hate it when Seamus is lying to me. Seamus was the kind of person who was curious and direct, someone who just simply hated hiding things. When he was lying, it probably was something important or a part of him he was embarrassed. But Seamus didn't lie to me often. At least I had thought that until now.

„I... I just need to meet someone today", I told him, avoiding his eyes and trying to hide my beating heart.

„Who are you meeting? Can't I come with you? You know, I want to help you find a job", Seamus chimed in.
„NO, no... You don't have to, it's not that important"
„But why can't you stay here? It's Friday and you know that Ron always helps George on Fridays. I have nothing to do and I thought maybe we could watch football? Doesn't your favourite team play tonight?"

This was one of these moments where I was about to give up and I hated it. Why was this world so unfair? Yes, of course I wanted to watch football with Seamus. I had asked him to do so for about a hundred times and this was the first time he said yes.

But I also knew that I couldn't quit this. It was important and if I didn't go, I wouldn't find out what was up with Seamus. Of course, I could have just asked, but it could ruin our friendship. If there was one thing I didn't want, it was losing Seamus.

"Nice to meet you, Dean", she said and my mind quickly went back to her trying to catch wrackspurts, to the things we did together no matter how weird they seemed. She was still the same quirky, weird and cool person I knew. What most people don't know is that Loony Lovegood, no matter how often laughed at, is the actual source of all wisdom. She really is and I've always admired her for that. I know her since I began dating Ginny. When you first encounter her, she might seem crazy or strange. But slowly you realized that every piece of her, everything others disliked, every little bit that might seem like a flaw, was actually her strength. Most importantly that she doesn't care abuot what others think. She doesn't lie, she is always honest and no one can manipulate her except herself and the people she loves. This was one of the reasons I asked her for advice.

"Nice to meet you too, Luna. I want to talk to you about...", I began but the blonde smiled at me and interrupted softly:

"Seamus Finnigan? Just come into my kitchen, I'll get you some chocolate and some Chinese tea. To keep off the nargles of course"

Luna laughed a little as she led me into her living room, that totally represented her. It was like a living rainbow and I had no idea how someone could live like that. This must be one of my dreams. Maybe Luna Lovegood really was a dream came to life, too crazy to live, too rare to die.

"You need to know, Dean: There are people that deserve the world. Because they act a certain way, because they don't judge others, because they love without thinking that they'll ever be loved back. People whose hearts are as huge as the Mount Everest. You're one of them, Dean", Luna whispered as she handed me the tea.