39: Coward

"Seriously, Haeun... Are you alright? Do you feel okay?" Mingyu held my shoulders to stop me from walking and looked at me with his intense gaze.

I let a faint smile and nodded a few times.

"I feel fine, Mingyu. Don't worry too much. I'm not weak and-"

"I told you not to make me worry, didn't I?" He pulled my wrist so strong that it made me lean towards his chest. It was always like this whenever he was angry that I got hurted or sick.

And even though it was a foreign feeling to me, I decided to mask it with a calm face.

"You said not to make you worried, Mingyu. You didn't say I can't run away from watching the sport day." I simply answered as I was hoping my accelarated heartbeat because of our proximity to become normal.

"Can you stop making me crazy about you? Don't just disappear on me and don't just hold the pain alone! I'm worried about you when Hansol said you look so pale." Mingyu yelled to show his anger, which slightly surprised me as its the first time he showed this side of him.

I could only see a raw emotion in his dark brown eyes. He was really worried about me, he cared about me. I mentally gulped at this, knowing what would happen in the future.

It will always be the same. No one stay by my side.

My hard headed and emotionless self could not speak anything at all because his eyes looked so sincere.

"Are you going to force a kiss on me again?" I asked with a smirk. His eyes slightly widened and I heard a small gasp. We both turned to the sound but no one was there so I just ignored it.

I pushed myself away from him by hitting his chest and pulled my wrist from his grip. Even though it was my fault that I mentioned about the kiss, I was unexpectedly upset over what he had done to me as he kissed me without my consent. It kinda hurt my pride. 

"Ugh palli. I'll just accompany you to eat dinner then I want to go home. Don't waste my time on this." I beamed him a fake smile and decided to lead the walk.

"Haeun, are you mad at me?" Mingyu pulled my arm to stop me. His voice turned soft, different than before.

I crossed my arms as I averted my gaze, still wearing the stoic expression.

"I guess you are," He chuckled.

Suddenly, he brought me to a dark alley  before pinned me against the wall with his arms.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered as he looked at me carefully. I stared back at him with a furrow brows.

"I'm really sorry.." He repeated as he squinted his eyes and let out a goofy smile, showing his adorable fangs.

He's doing aegyeo with this cold girl.

"Doing aegyeo is not enough." I cleared my throat, still avoiding his gaze.

I could see Mingyu dropped his smile as he blinked a few times at me.

"Then, how about I will let you do your little revenge?" He slowly asked as a playful smile spread across his lips. I turned to look at him and frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Yeah.. anything maybe doing the same to me." He said as he pouted his lips teasingly.

"Bullshit.." A crept of breath left my mouth and I glared at him a little. He giggled happily and it made me almost smile. Almost.

I licked my lips to keep it moist as I leaned closer to his ear while tip-toeing a bit and whispered.