introduction + rules

PLOT-SHOP
by spiderkru

─────•~❉INTRODUCTION❉~•─────

I suppose this is the same, generic type of introduction you will find in any book labeled "plot shop" on this site, but then again, the whole concept of a plot shop has become pretty "mainstream" here, so if I was in it to be original, I would have already lost the game.

So, here's the thing: I have started to realize that my drafts are piling up way too much, and yet my head keeps on spinning new ideas for plots. As much as I would love to write them all, I simply don't have the time to. I mean hell, I barely even have the time to write the books I'm working on right now!

Due to this, I have after careful consideration come to the conclusion that the best thing for me to do in order to breathe life into these plots (aka my precious babies), is by giving someone else a chance to write them!

A mind-blowing idea, I know. Very unpredictable on my part. Well played, me. Now to an even more shocking part, there are rules! Wow! Jaws are dropping!

 Now to an even more shocking part, there are rules! Wow! Jaws are dropping!

─────────•~❉RULES❉~•─────────

1. YOU MUST BE ACTIVE. The whole point of this plot-shop is for my plots to get written. If you're a pretty inactive user and/or rarely update your works (if you have any published), I'm going to assume the chance of the story being written is as good as it has been the past three years of collecting dust in my own drafts.

2. YOU MUST WRITE WELL. You don't have to be Stephen King or anything, but it's important that you know your grammar, as well as all the basic spacing and punctuation rules.

3. YOU MUST ASK. The most obvious rule of them all. You must write a comment asking for the plot you wish to write. I will PM you my answer. Please don't steal any of my plots.

4. YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDIT. When you publish your story, you have to give me credit in the description of the book, and the first chapter. It doesn't matter if the first chapter is a prologue or a playlist or an actual chapter. Feel free to actually tag me and not just write my username. I would love to read your books. :)

5. TELL ME ABOUT CHANGES YOU MAKE TO THE PLOT. I am all for you getting creative and giving these plots a personal touch. The plots are in many ways pretty open and you definitely have a lot of room for your own ideas, but please notify me about it if you make any changes to what I gave you. I don't necessarily see myself telling you you can't make those changes, I would just like to be updated. :)

6. IF YOU CAN'T WRITE THE PLOT, GIVE IT BACK TO ME. Sometimes, plots just don't work out. I have abandoned so many plots I personally thought were great, simply because I couldn't write them due to lack of time and/or motivation. If this happens to you with one of my plots, PM me so I can put it up for "sale" again and give someone else a shot!

7. YOU MUST PUBLISH THE FIRST CHAPTER WITHIN TWO WEEKS. And by first chapter, I mean actual chapter, not just prologue or playlist. That's the deadline I've seen many others use for their plot shops, and I think it's reasonable. That being said, I am the Queen of Procrastination™, so if you for some reason can't meet this deadline, I won't be too strict on postponements.

8. THE PASSWORD IS "BREAKFAST TEA". You must include this in your request for a plot so that I know you've read the rules. If it's not included, I will ignore your request.

9. YOU MUST BE POLITE. If I for any reason don't give you the plot or tell you to return the plot to me, please don't be angry with me. I am very smol and sensitive.

──────•~❉DEDICATIONS❉~•──────stardusksx Nerdyswrites sorrygirly -aronpiper

stardusksx Nerdyswrites sorrygirly -aronpiper