"Yeah, it's just him."

"What? Am I to stay with him through the day?" Frustration crept up my spine.

"Yes."

"Ma'am, that makes it two nights and a day, not just two nights," my voice held the power of a wildfire.

"I think I should have been a little more specific."

"You think?" I sneered.

"I seriously am rethinking this, Ma'am. What am I to do? Like just fuck him senseless day in and day out?"

"Do as he wishes."

"What on earth!" Waves of fury rolled off in the pit of my stomach.

"Seems like I was right," the voice boomed through the room. I spun around, in contrast to how stepped into the washroom, he was fully dressed now. His deep black eyes vibrated with power and command just like his words. A wicked smile played on his lips.

"I'm sorry, Mehr. Don't overthink. Envision this as a ticket to your escape," Reena urged.

"Alright," I sighed, hanging up.

I wanted to throw tantrums and beat my hands on the ground like a toddler. "I'm sorry, I wasn't informed." Instead, I stomped to the bed, dropping my body on it and letting my head crash the pillow.

"It's alright. Do you still not want to know my name?"

I sprung back up from the pillow, "what's the deal with your name? You're pressing so much."

"Well, it's just weird for me," he scrunched his eyebrows focusing his attention on tying the lays of his sports shoes.

"Weird that someone doesn't want to know the name of a stinking rich man like you?"

He chuckled and fixed his gaze back up at me when he was done with his shoes, "I have slept with a lot of women, even women like you."

"Prostitutes," I spelt it out for him.

"I didn't want to offend."

"None taken. That's the job I do. Go on."

"But every woman begs for another night with me. They'd die to know me more. It's not because they're genuinely interested or something, it's all for my money and fame. But you're, umm, you're... different," he struggled to complete.

"Ah, I see what's happening here. I hurt someone's ego."

He moved ahead to the dresser, "don't flatter yourself. I can have another woman right now at the snap of my finger. "

"Oh please, go ahead."

"I will, probably once you leave. But before that, let me take complete advantage of the money that I have paid for you." He scrunched his hair with some gel and started styling it.

"Speaking of which, when will you be back?"

"I don't know. I'm heading out for net practice." Smoothing his hair out in a little tousled mess, he checked his phone contemplating the time he might be back.

Precisely then I became aware of the clothes he was wearing. I cracked up, the giggle built up in me, rolling in my chest and hurting my belly.

"What happened?" he was baffled.

"I understand you're really into cricket. But you don't have to wear the Indian jersey for the practice."

There was this look in his eyes, as though he would burst out laughing any moment, but he was resisting it so hard, "What do I do! I'm so into cricket. Can't help myself. Just a crazy fan."