chapter 1

Warning: If you're not comfortable reading the happenings of a brothel, you should start reading somewhere from the middle of this chapter. 

"I am not your personal whore, we're done. Get off me!" I tried to shove the sickening man away from me.

"I paid money for you. You got to please me now."

"You paid only for having sex with me once and we're done!" I bellowed, doing my best to free myself from his grip. Though he could be passed as a decent looking gentleman who drove a Mercedes and wore a lakh's worth suit, all he wanted was sex.

"You're a whore. Your job is to please me. Come here!" He demanded, tugging me by my hand.

"Let go off me, you bastard!" I strived to make an escape.

"I'll pay you more, come here," he groped my boob.

This was it. I dug my teeth right into the wrist of his hand that held mine, and made sure it was a pretty hard bite that would leave a bruise.

He shrieked in pain and let go of my hand.

I used the minute to get on to my feet and dress up. While he was still in pain I stormed out of the room as quickly as I could and sprinted to the lobby in my brothel.

"What's that noise? Ah? Looks like your client is satisfied a little too much?" Reena winked at me. "For your excellent service, I'll set more money off from the debts Suraj owes me."

How I wanted to kick the living shit out of this woman who called herself the owner of this brothel.

"Ma'am, did you not make it clear to him that I wouldn't sleep with a man more than once?"

"I didn't find it necessary, Mehr. He's stinking rich. He'll pay for the number of times he wants to have sex with you. Let's make the most out of it."

"Ma'am, but I can't."

I sleep with men who pay me for it. So what difference does it make if I was going to sleep with the same man twice, he was going to pay me for it too. That's probably what's going on in her head.

I don't want to invest any part of myself in anyone who pays to sleep with me, sleeping with the same man twice will make me know his likes in bed, two times will stretch out to three, then four and many more. I would start getting myself emotionally attached to him. I would start playing by his rules. I don't want to make that grave mistake ever again.

"Alright alright, I have never understood this issue of yours. I'll ask Anika to get done with this man," she nodded her head in denial indicating she didn't like my attitude.

Although she can be mean sometimes, she does bend her rules for me whenever I tell her it's beyond what I can do. I didn't have a mother growing up. But Suraj-my stepfather told me she died giving birth to me. He couldn't be nice about it because I put an end to their illegal love affair. When he sold me to Reena I was thirteen, and had just hit my puberty, I didn't have a hint as to what menstrual cycles were, and what they meant. Reena made me understand my physical changes, helped me create a family, sent me to school, and helped me make good friends. She was my mother. But then I hadn't the slightest idea what was going on in this place until my turn came. I couldn't say she made my life here easy, mostly she was getting me used to it so I wouldn't freak out when my turn came.

Then I wasn't even aware why women dressed the way they did here in the brothel. I was of the perception that since it was a different place, they followed a different culture altogether. I was young and naïve.

But the moment my boobs developed completely as that of a woman's, Reena put me into business. Precisely, she waited until I looked like a temptress. I see the shades of a mother in Reena at times. But most of the times, I just want to strangle her neck.