{chapter 22}

Adrien groaned more and more realizing all he was doing was worrying over Marinette. Even though she had only been gone for a couple of minutes, he couldn't keep his mind away from her.

What could she be doing now?

Had she reached the mansion at all!

What if Gabriel decided to trap her and lure him out?

These questions filled his mind and what bothered him the most was that he didn't know the answer to any of them.

Come on Adrien you can do something. Stop acting all weak! Stop relying on Marinette to solve every single one of your problems! You're supposed to be keeping your mother safe. You were supposed to keep Marinette away from Gabriel.

How did you fail in the end?!

He took in a long breath before heading downstairs. That was it. He could stand it anymore.

"Going somewhere?" Sabine looked up at him?

"Uh, yeah," Adrien quickly nodded. It was time to finally start acting like a man and stop being a wimp.

So what if he was scared of Gabriel. Obviously Marinette was too, but made sure to hide it, and still tried to he brave.

If Marinette could do it, then he could to.

"I'm heading somewhere for some unfinished business!"

-

"Emilie?" Gabriel said the name as if he didn't know who that was. Then he let out a low chuckle and opened the door wider. "Well then, why don't you come in?"

Marinette hesitated, but walked inside the mansion. The door closed behind her and Gabriel started walking back to his couch.

"Emilie is upstairs. Go see her now."

Just like that? Marinette suddenly didn't feel safe about this. He's going to let me see Emilie that easily? She expected him to try to make some kind of deal, or even grab her.

"Well, are you going?!" Gabriel rolled his eyes and fixed his eyes back on the little paper he was staring at.

"I... Okay..." Marinette frowned and walked upstairs. Remembering which room belonged to Emilie, she started walking towards the door. Then she heard a muffled voice.

"S.. No... Stop!"

Getting a little frightened, Marinette banged the door opened and ran inside. There, just in time, saw Lina pushing Emilie to the wall.

"Gahh! STOP IT!" Marinette yelled, and charged towards her. She jumped on top of Lina. "Emilie, run away Joe. Run away so this little brat won't get her hands on you!"

"Argh! Get off of me!" Luna tried to get Marinette off her back, but Marinette hanged on more tightly.

"Never!" Marinette pushed her nails into her skin. "You dare to hurt Emilie, then I'll hurt you!"

"Oh, Marinette stop. Don't-" Emilie wasn't sure of what to do. Sure, she could just run off, but sue couldn't leave Marinette in this state, play the fact that Gabriel was just downstairs.

She knew Lina. They went to the same school when they were younger. Lina was known for the girl that got into a lot of fights. She was strong, which made Emilie worry more.

Lina grabbed Marinette's arm and flunged her over her, Marinette's back crashing to the wall.

"Ugh..." She slowly started to get up, but Lina, now at her angry state, charged at her. Lina grabbed her arm and pushed her to the wall again.

"This will teach you never to mess with me, little girl!" She smirked evilly. "How pathetic. Trying to act like a hero when you know you aren't one!"

"Ugh!" Marinette's back was now full of pain, but she didn't want to admit just yet. There was no wah Lina was going to win.

She kicked Luna's stomach, making it easier for her because Lina fell back.

Lina quickly stood up, and wanted to charge at Marinette again when a voice spoke.

"Stop!"