Secret

Lana's pov

Somehow I find myself wanting Hope more and more. Though I know that I should try and forget about him. But they say that you need forget your first love, and Hope was mine.

We had plans for the future.

But all of those plans dissolved into the back of my mind when I met Rin. He was the person that Hope could never be. I more or less already knew that Rin was going to be kind and considerate, though I have to admit; that fact took me about two days to completely realize.

You and your mate have a matching tattoo. The tattoo can be at any part of the body, but the tattoo is always mirrored on your mate. When you get really close to your mate, the tattoo starts to burn and it gets really red.

.......................

I had decided to leave the diner. I wasn't getting paid that much, and I was just bored. I had nobody to talk to, and nobody was willing to talk to me.

So one day I just up and walked out. Of course I walked out on a pay day, so I wouldn't have to wait another week to get another check.

All in all, I had about 1000$ saved up.

I bought food from the local grocery store and stuffed it all into the huge gym bag that I had bought a month prior to moving out. I also had sweaters and thick socks shoved into there, just in case.

I could tell that winter was going to be coming soon by the way the wind had a nice cold chill. The temperature was also close to dipping below the 30's at night.

It was on one of those bone snapping nights that I had my chance encounter with him. No, I have to say that it was not a romantic meeting. at all, in fact it might just have been one of the most bloodiest meetings I have ever had the pleasure of being in.

I was walking around the woods, and was starving. The bleak nothingness that was these woods were about to consume my soul, sucking it into the dark blackness that we call oblivion. I was running out of food and I didn't have any money.

No hat it would matter, because I have no idea were I am anyway. After walking past Goutinly, a small town where the population is almost nonexistent. they almost didn't have a ugh enough population to make a school.

The nearest grocery store was about two towns back, and I didn't think check my food store before I walked away.

I stopped to sit against a tree. I knew that the end was drawing near, making it so that I was not looking forward to my oblivion.

I was scared of death, and I still am.

The colors of the world were fading out to black, mixing into frets and purples. I didn't want to die.

I don't want to die.

He came out of the deep brush faster than lightning, making my blood take on a coldness that I wasn't used to.

He growled a furious growl, almost making my heart stop. I was simply terrified, I wanted to go home. I wanted to feel safe again.

He jumped twirls me, claws extended, ready to kill, an I had no choice but to shift also.

My wolf was brown, or red depending on the way you look at it. I had specks of white on my ears and at the bottom of my tail. My mate tattoo was outlined in a black as dark as ink on my upper right thigh.

Vines and birds. Grass and barbed wire, snaking around in a band, only to fade away whenever my mate died. There was no such thing as rejection, you either lived with you mate, or you killed them.

He swiped his claws and sliced a gnarly deep hole in my leg, making me limp. Blood was dripping of my calf in puddles, making pools of blood that I could almost see my reflection in.

I tried to bite him on the face, but he just swiped his claws on my sensitive underbelly.

I whimpered, knowing that this pain was going to take while to go away. The world started to tilt and go out of color.

All I felt then was a burning. I felt as if my skin were bubbling and popping from the intense fire that was oblivion. A shot of liquid acid straight to the heart.

------------------ ---------------------

Hey guys! My phone broke about three months ago. I PROMISE that I wasn't ignoring you guys.

Hey guys and gals, go take a look at the book: My Strange Secret(Work in progress)

This book was made by my best friend: JessicaGentry2014

From what I have read about it, it's really cool, so if you are a real GrahamCracker, then you will go and support my friend.

Also, I know that I am going to have some spelling errors. If you are that pocket about it then leave...

Thanks! Comment vote follow! Message me!

Love all y'all

-GrahamCrackerAbby