The Only Exception

Lana's POV

      Work was a pain to do, especially when you are drop dead tired. I wasn't even really sure what it was that tired me out. I'm thinking that it was most likely my agonizing journey through the forest. something just clicked to me; I could have rented a car for all of my superly hard travels.

     I hadn't really done much pack work, considering my father was the pack warrior, so you can imagine that I was all really tired and exhausted by the time I had fallen into my bed at the end of the long work day. My job at the pack was to help our alpha with the finances, so you could say that I was the pack attorney. I didn't train much more than the average child, though I was going to have to train myself if I  wanted to keep on living in the world I was, anything to find my mate.

           I had quickly jumped into the shower as soon as I got home, hoping that the nice warm water would help me get rid of all my worries. But of course the ever present worry of one thing was always on my mind; mates.

      Though, as you can imagine, the topic was sometimes pushed to the back of my mind, it never really left. When this topic came up in my mind though, all of my insecurities were brought to the forefront of my mind. I had all of the basic thoughts that every she-wolf had. Was he going to like me? What if I'm not pretty enough for him? What if I'm rejected?

        It was that thought that hurt me the most.

.

.

.

.

.

.

                           Rin's POV

      For some reason I was starting to feel a deep sense of anxiety in my stomach. I had no idea what I had done to cause this anxiety, as far as I know I had done nothing wrong, so Alpha could not have been mad at me.

        As quick as the feeling came, it went away. "Baby, come on you know you want me." The pack slut, Brittany said as I walked down the hallway. I made a look of disgust when I turned around to look at her.

    "Brittany, close your legs please, you have a mate somewhere, what is wrong with you?" I asked her. Really this girl is so messed up, it's not even funny. She wants to be the pack doorknob, and everybody gets a turn if you want it.

        "Your the only one who doesn't want me!" Brittany yelled/sobbed as she ran away.

         She doesn't understand that I was saving myself for my mate, if she is even out there. Girls aren't the only ones that can save themselves for there mates, not all of us are huge jerks. That's it, the final straw was Brittany, I'm going to ask Alpha if I can travel to find my mate, wherever she may be.

       I don't even know you sweetheart, but I will find you.

            I promise.

________________________

      For some reason this chapter was really hard for me to write. I kept getting writers block and it had me at a point where I just stopped to find more inspiration to keep on writing the chapter.

    Also,I just wanted to bring up that I know it has been forever since I had updated something. Don't hate, it was just really hard having top decide how I wanted things to flow.

       If I had just rushed to update I would have posted something that had made me upset, and I didn't want to do that to you guys or myself.

    Oh yeah,I just wanted top say, also that I meant to put blubber instead of brother. I call my brother blubber, so the name was transferred into my book as a way of dedication. Other of names will be mentioned, so I just wanted top let you know.

      The names of the chapters are the songs that you are supposed to listen to while you read the chapter. I thought that they went along pretty well. I will name all the songs and artists again below....

     Let Love Bleed Red-Sleeping With Sirens

   Once Upon A Dream-Lana Del Rey

New Perspective-Panic! At The Disco

Harder Than You Know-Escape The Fate

The Only Exception-Paramore

         Ok, my little Chocobo people, I'm off top watch Yu Yu Hakusho in a little corner with some very unhealthy snacks. I will try updating again soon.  With all love!

-GrahamCrackerAbby