Familiar Faces

Clementine woke up to her alarm ringing. The loud ringing in Clementine ears was uncomfortable, especially since it was so loud early in the morning. Clementine slammed her hand on her alarm to stop it from ringing. She groaned and slowly rises up. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She opened her curtains and hisses at the bright light the shined in her eyes. She squints her eyes to avoid the bright sunlight, and she heads to the bathroom. She turns on the sink and splashed water on her face to wake herself up. She grabbed her orange toothbrush, that had little Clementines on them (Which of course, Lee had brought for her) and putted toothpaste on it, she putted it in the water then began to brush her teeth. 

After she finished brushing her teeth, she went to her closet to pick out something for her to wear, she didn't want to wear anything to fancy. She didn't want to look like an attention seeker, nor did she want attention, but she also didn't want to look like a hobo or someone who honestly didn't care. Even though she didn't care. She decided to wear a colorful vintage styled crop top, it had red, blue, orange, tan whitish stripes, and a small heart a little above the middle of her chest that exposed her skin. She wore a black skirt with it, the skirt wasn't too fancy, it went to her knees and it wasn't to fluffy or to flat. She took a hot shower, then putted on the outfit she decided to wear. She cringed while looking in the mirror, although she honestly didn't care at this point. She brushed her hair and putted it in a low side ponytail. She putted on her hat, even though it didn't matched she didn't care. Her hair was short, her parent's used to always would cut/trim it every 2 months before they died, so she wanted to keep it short like they would. 

She went downstairs seeing AJ sloppily eating his french toast, syrup was all over his face. "Hey, slow down kiddo you're gonna choke." Clementine says worried, AJ glares at his sister then he started eating slower, Clementine smiled. She sat down and ate her eggs and toast. "Morning, sweet pea." Lee said to Clementine. "Morning Lee!" Clementine says while eating her food. "I'm heading to school, you still have a hour to get ready. Be safe." he says while walking out the house. "I will!" Clementine yells to her dad. Lee was the new history teacher at her school, thats why they had moved. His new job paid way more then his old job as a elementary teacher. Though, AJ was mad Lee wasn't his teacher no more. Clementine washed her and AJ's plates, then she wiped AJ's face since it was all sticky. "AJ, go wash your hands, they are all gross and sticky." Clementine says to her younger brother. AJ listened to his sister, and went to the sink to wash his hands. Clementine pumped the soap container into his hand and turned on the warm water. AJ washed his hands then Clementine gave him a towel to dry his hands with. After they were done, Clementine turned on Disco Broccoli on the TV. AJ watched as Clementine was texting someone.

D - Duck C - Clementine

D- Hey, Orange! Can't wait to see you at school.

C- You too goose, I'm nervous though.

D- Why?

C- Idk, I just feel like I'm not gonna make any friends.

D- You have Me, Gabe, and Mariana.

C- Oh, I totally forgot about Gabe and Mariana. lol. 

D- Lol, Well I gotta go, Cya Clem!

C- Bye, Duck!

Clementine smiled while looking at her phone. "Who were you texting?" AJ asks while Clementine turns off her phone and puts it in her bag. "Oh, duck." Clementine answers. "Awesome!" AJ says back. It's been about 30 minutes since Lee left, "Alright kiddo, let's walk you to school." Clementine says to AJ smiling. Lucky for AJ and Clementine, their school was only about 10 minutes away from each other. But, 5 minute drive. Clementine promised AJ, that she would pick him up from school and walk him to school almost everyday. That made AJ excited, he loved his big sister's company. She held his hands as they walked. She saw 3 teens skate boarding, the same three teenagers she saw at the park. The boy with dreads, the odd haircut, and the bland girl that looked a little emo, with short blonde hair. While they were riding their skateboards the dark skinned boy winked at Clementine and the odd haircut boy whistled, AJ and Clementine cringed at their actions, and Clementine flicked them off and continued to walk. "What was that?" AJ asked his sister. Clementine looked at her young brother and shook her head "I dunno.. I hope you don't do that when you're older." she says. AJ giggles and Clementine softly smiles at her brother. 

---

Soon enough they arrived at AJ's school, she gave him a hug and then said goodbye to him. She began to walk to her school. Once she arrived at the school, there was groups of teenagers everywhere. She looked around trying to find Duck, Mariana, and Gabe. She saw the teenagers that were at the park and the ones that were riding on their skateboards. "Oh hell no.." she thought to herself. Louis noticed her staring, and he winked at her. Her eyes widen then she quickly turned away and held up her middle finger at him. She walked forward and then she bumped into someone. "Oh shit.. I'm sorry" she mumbles, she looks up to see.. "Mariana!" "Oh my god, Clementine!" Mariana helps Clementine off the floor, then gives her a hug. "Ugh, you have no idea how much i've missed you." She says smiling at Clementine. Clementine nods and smiles back at her. "Hows Gabe?" Clementine asks. Her and Gabe kinda had a thing when they were 13, Clementine has gotten over it but, Gabe hasn't. "Oh Gabe? He's an asshole like always but hes doing well." Mariana says while giggling. Clementine laughs with her, Mariana leads Clementine into the Main Office so she can get her schedule and her locker. 

"Hi there!" the lady sitting behind the desk said. She had reddish hair and it was in a ponytail. She sounded kinda country and she had light freckles. She looks awfully nice. "Hey, I've come to get my schedule." Clementine says to her smiling. "Oh, of course. You must be our new student. Clementine Everett, am I right?" the office lady says to her.  "Yep!" Clementine answers back smiling. "Well, call me Bonnie." she says to Clementine. "Just Bonnie?" Clementine asks. "Yep, just Bonnie!" Bonnie says while handing Clementine her schedule and locker number. Clementine thankfully nods, and walks out the office seeing Mariana and Gabe. "Hi Gabe!" Clementine says with a wide smile. She hugs Gabe, and Gabe hugs her back. "H-hey Clem.." Gabe softly says. Clementine pulls away from the hug and smiles at Gabe. Mariana fake coughs to break the awkward silence. "When did you guys move here?" Mariana asks curious. "Oh, just yesterday, although Lee and Carley came here last week to decorate our house." Clementine answers smiling. "Oh, thats cool. Hows AJ?" Gabe asks. "Hes doing well." Clementine says smiling. They talked while walking to their lockers, once they reached Clementine's locker a familiar face walks up to Clementine. "Hey, Orange!" Duck says reaching his arms out waiting for Clementine to hug him. "Oh my gosh, Hi duck!" Clementine says while hugging him. Suddenly Clementine heard a dark voice from behind come. 

"Duck, you never told me you had a girlfriend! Honestly, I'm jealous!" the dark voice says. Clementine pulls from the hug and looks behind duck, it was that retarded boy that winked at her earlier. "Louis, this is my childhood friend Clementine." Duck says. Clementine gives Louis a death glare. Gabe and Mariana glares at each other, then back at Clementine. "She seems charming, but also scary." Louis says, he looks at Clementine then smirks. "Is Louis the boy who winked at you?" Mariana whispered to Clementine. Clementine nods, and Mariana giggles. "Louis, what have I told you about winking at random girls. Clementine isn't interesting in you." Mariana says. "I can't help it, shes hot!" Louis replies, making Clementine blush a little. "Look shes blushing!" Louis says while smirking. Clementine eyes widen while the 4 teenagers stare at her. "N-No I'm not.. Fuck off" Clementine says, then walks away. Louis watches as she walks away. Mariana sighs "Come on Gabe, and Duck." Mariana says. She follows Clementine, and the two boys follow behind her. "What about me!" Louis shouts at them so they can hear. The three teenagers turns around. "Uh.. I don't think she likes you Louis." Gabe says. Mariana nods, "Well see ya in class Jaden Smith!" Duck says. The three teenagers laughs and makes their way back to Clementine.

Thanks for reading, I got lazy so I'll save the rest for chapter 3. :P