Troublesome girl, troublesome boy

Почніть із самого початку

"What-"

Shikamaru butted in, "She needs help now!" He shouted. Tsunami understanding the situation came up to Shikamaru pulling him along with her into another room. He laid her down on the mat for Tsunami to work on her wounds. Everyone else followed after. Inari was crying in the doorway. Tsunami brought out the first aid kit but as soon she touched Akemi she moved for the first time in hours.

She curled up into herself hiding all her injuries from Tsunami like a wounded cat does when strangers come close to it. Her body was shivering lightly, she mustered up a word in a soft, frightened voice, "No."

Tsunami looked at her with care. "We need to heal your wounds, Akemi. Everything's going to be okay." She said in a motherly, reassuring voice. Akemi shook her head her eyes looking like she wasn't even there in the room.

"That's what Father used to say. But if I let my guard down he'll come. He always does." Her eyes were glazed over now reminiscing about her past. "He'll come and he'll hurt me. But I can't cry because if I do it only makes him happier." Akemi looked so broken without any of her walls up.

Ino walked towards Akemi cautiously to not startle her. "We're going to help you. That way you'll be practically brand new." She smiled weakly trying to joke lightly even though her voice sounded a little cracked from holding back her tears.

"No I won't. He'll get me. It hurts so much but no one ever comes to help." Akemi looked towards everyone tears falling down her cheeks. In a weak, desperate voice, "I want someone to come. The pain is too much to handle by myself." Her voice took on a rare helpless, mournful tone, "Someone, please, save me." What she said broke every one's heart realizing how hollow and hurt Akemi really was. Shikamaru came up to her hugging her as tight as he could without further injuring her.

"I'm here now. I'll protect you. We'll all save you." She instantly uncurled herself hugging him back. Her arms around his neck with her head buried deeply into his shoulder letting out a grief filled cry. It sounded so sad and hopeless that it made others want to cry. No one thought such a heart breaking sound could ever be made. Tsunami gently got everyone to wait in the halls so she could fix Akemi while she was still willing. Shikamaru stayed holding Akemi's hand the entire time Tsunami was cleaning Akemi's wounds. Akemi only stared at Shikamaru the entire time. After two hours Tsunami came out with the medical kit. Naruto being the first to jump up.

"Is she okay?" All eyes turned to Tsunami waiting for the important information. She smiled gently.

"She'll be fine. She'll need proper care once she's returned to Konoha." Both Jonin nodded reminding themselves to get Akemi home as soon as possible. "Why don't I make you some tea. you can all stay for the night as long as your don't mind sharing rooms." Everyone nodded rapidly.

Back in the room Akemi had finally fallen asleep. Shikamaru stayed next to her looking at her. He felt horrible for not being able to protect her. He pushed her bangs to the side looking at Akemi's peaceful sleep. Her hair was chopped off to her shoulders, ends of hair uneven with some long strands still in with the short ones. Akemi never mentioned it but Shikamaru knew she always kept her hair long because it was important to her. He leaned down kissing her forehead softly making her lips curve up in a small smile. "I love you."

AKEMI'S POV

I woke up feeling warm and comfortable. Which was weird since I was with Father last time I remembered. Remembering Father I immediately went into defence mode already nervous about where I was. When I opened my eyes they met a ceiling. I vaguely recognized the room but was still panicking on the inside about where Father was. I tried to get up but couldn't. Am I wearing chains again or something? I looked down to see arms wrapped around my waist. Okay unless I mutated and became part octopus I'm pretty sure I only had two arms. I kept following the arms until they led to a body. No shit Sherlock. Then I looked up to meet Shika's face. He seemed to have fallen asleep with his arms around me. As soon as I saw Shika near me I relaxed. If he's here then Father isn't. I was full on staring at his face. I'm not really sure what happened when I was last awake. I remember Shika coming then I blanked out for the rest of the period. Not wanting to wake Shika, I gently removed his arms about to tip toe out of the room when a voice scared the crap out of me. "You shouldn't be moving." I spun around to see Shika looking at me with his arm propped up. I had my hand near my heart that was beating so fast from surprise I thought it was going to burst.