Chapter 5

The morning sun's rays burst throughout the land outline the mighty mountains. The birds sang their beautiful song and the flowers began to open towards the heavens. A young woman on the castle balcony sat looking and sketching at this spectacular event. Her name was Emma. She was of medium height with long wavy brown hair, sweet honey-brown eyes and a definite smile. She is stubborn and opinionated and feels very strongly about what she believes in and has a passion for art. Her pencil moved up and down and around the blank canvas as she tried to capture the glorious scenery around her. Suddenly, a loud noise just below her startled her causing her to puncture the canvas. Frustrated, Emma threw the piece down.

The young woman found herself walking in the village searching for a new easel. Emma quickly darted back and forth from one merchant stand to the next trying to locate the perfect one. Finally, she came across a shop just around the corner.

"Is this the best easel you have?" She asked the merchant.

"Yes ma'am." He replied. "'It's the finest. It was just imported from Mayfair a couple days ago."

"Really?" Emma replied with one eye brow cocked upwards. "Seems to be a lot coming from that city."

"If you are disatified, I can ask Gibbs to put in an order from Amira."

"That would take weeks." She said. "This will do."

She paid the man and went her way. The man shook his head.

"Emma, you can be stubborn like my mule and yet humble like a dove. I hope there is a lad who can match your wits."

Emma held the art supplies to her chest and giggled.

"I cannot wait to finish!"

As she turned the corner she ran into something hard which caused her to fall but the person who she ran into caught her before she hit the ground.

"That was a close one. Are you all right?"

Emma looked up to encounter two blue eyes staring down at her. The man had black hair with a stern face and an outstanding masculine structure. His face was a tad smutty from the sooth but it made him more appealing. Emma found her balance and stood on her own.

"I am all right. I was not looking where I was going."

"You need to be careful. A small girl like you could get squashed on the road."

The young girl snapped.

"Small? I am not small!"

The man stooped down and picked up her easel and art supplies, which she dropped.

"Did I say small? I meant a little sprite." He said as he handed her the easel.

She snatched the easel from his hand.

"You have some nerve to insult me!"

"I find it amusing. Just try to be more attentive. These parts aren't safe."

He began to walk away. Emma stooped down and picked up a rock and went to throw it but realized the rock was something else.

"What?"

She whipped some of the dirt away and found the object to be some sort of pendant.

"Emma!" cried a voice, which belonged to the woman who owned the herb shop.

"Mama Valeria."

"I see you were having conversation with that yonder young lad." The woman said.