Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Ashley, hey." Harry says, sitting up in his seat. "We just ordered some pizza, come sit down and watch The Addams Family with us."

I just shook my head and dropped my stuff on the floor. I walk back outside and tried to call Niall a couple times on FaceTime but he never responded, after about four times it said he wasn't available. I groaned and curled up into a ball on the porch. I leaned my back against the wall and hid my face between my knees. Moments later, I heard the door open and close and felt somebody sit beside me. The person kept quiet for a couple of minutes before putting a hand on my shoulder and speaking.

"Ashley." I hear the soft voice of Emily. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, just got a lot in my mind." I say, looking up at her and smiling.

"Why don't you come inside and shower or something, you'll be alright." She says, hugging me before pulling me up to my feet. I nodded and grabbed some stuff to change into from my backpack and quickly took a shower. I put on a pair of shorts and my old volleyball t-shirt. I walked downstairs and found no space in the couch. I just flopped down on Harry's, Nathaniel's, & Emily's lap. Emily whined for a bit but just let it go.

"Is something bugging you? You seem irritable." Nathaniel asks.

"My braces are to tight and they're hurting me." I say, partially lying and partially saying the truth. I rolled off their laps and sat down on the floor facing them.

"We go back home at midnight so make sure to finish unfinished business." Dean says without looking up from his phone, typing things on his phone. I tried to look at his screen but he yanked it out of my view.

"Got something to hide, pretty boy?" I say, smirking at him. Sometimes I love saying that to mess with guys.

"No." He says, laughing. "I just don't like it when people look at my phone when it's none of their business."

"Amen!" Emily shouts.

This group of friends are so different from each other, but so alike at the same time.

It's so weird, but I love it.
__________________________

Venus

I giggled as Daniel sent me a funny text message, at least I found it funny. We have a weird sense of humor, it's quite difficult to explain.

"What are you laughing and smiling about?" Audrey asks, looking up from her phone.

"Oh, I'm just texting my babe." I say, giggling.

"Why do you call him babe when you guys aren't even dating." She laughs.

"Because why not? Friends call each other bae but you ain't complaining." I say, sticking my tounge out at her. It's quite a weird story how me and Danny started calling each other babe, actually. I was at school and he wasn't and we usually text the entire day when he's not at school, we text even in class (because I'm sneaky like that). One day, he was texting me when he stayed home sick and he whined about his head hurting and I texted him back saying 'Sorry babe' and I blushed. I didn't mean to call him babe, I was texting Audrey and I usually called her 'Babe' so I accidentally called Danny babe. I texted him afterwards saying how embarrassing it was and he said it was nothing. I was whining and he said 'But babe nothing. See, it isn't weird.' And we kept on texting each other, calling each other babe in every text. So it sort of became a thing.

"When am I going to meet this guy?" Audrey asks, bringing me back from my little flashback.

"During my funeral." I say nonchalantly. I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to die.