Blank Face

"Ah! Kirito! Eugeo!"
I hear.
I swallow hard. I can't be seen out with Kirito like this. They could take it the wrong way.
I still had many thoughts spiralling through my head.
I tilt my head up to see the two, Asuna and Lisbeth stroll in the café looking at us two.

"So what brings you two here?"
They both ask simultaneously.
I was going to reply, but

"Oh, we're just here eating together. Want to join?"
Kirito asks, saving me the social interaction.

No! It's better if it's just us two,
you know, so we can get to know each other as friends?

"If it's okay with you two, we'll be happy to, are you fine with that, Eugeo?" Asuna questions.
I just nod, not even making eye contact. I was very nervous.

I clutch my blue rose necklace in my hand.
Now that I think about it, I don't recall Alice ever buying this for me. Just that I've always had it, for as long as I can remember. But who else would've gotten me this?
I see my reflection through the iridescence.

"Oh! That's pretty Eugeo! Where did you get that?" Lisbeth asks. Her and Asuna were both fixated on it.

I scratch my head nervously,
"Oh, this-"

"I bought it for him," Kirito cuts me off.

Their mouths widen in shock.
"Heh?"
"Not fair!"

"Kirito, you've never bought me anything, and it's been like two years since we met! How's that fair? You just met this guy," Lisbeth retorts.

"Yeah, yeah!" Asuna argues.

"Well, I've known Eugeo for how long, ten years? And I got him that around when I first met him. I made it for him."

Their tense expressions relax.

I was too afraid to say anything, but I knew it wasn't Kirito who got me that necklace.

"So you two really are childhood friends? Did you remember him, Eugeo? Surprising how you forgot him in the first place, he's pretty unforgettable if you ask us."

"No actually," I respond.
"To be honest, I haven't remembered a thing. I'm not even sure where I got this necklace from. I don't think I've ever known Kirito before."

"Oh, so you were lying, Kirito?" they both question.
I see his expression turn into anger, but a hint of sadness behind that anger.

"Anyway, we're gonna order. We'll be back."

After they leave, I just catch Kirito staring at me with his dark, entrancing eyes. His raven hair and soft, pinkish lips drew me in. He was making me nervous.

"What is it?" I question.

"So you still don't remember."

"Let's see. You were always into sword fighting. Who giften you a handmade sword when we were younger?" Kirito asks.

Huh? That's something only Alice and I should know.
Both of those facts were true.
How could he know that?

"Alice gave me that sword."
He 'tsks' in frustration.
I start to get angry, honestly.

I'm going to be nothing but blunt to him from now on.

"Listen, Kirito. I know we just went over this, but if you're going to just be my friend because you think we knew each other in some past life or something, forget it. If you were a real friend, you would've accepted the fact that we were strangers, believed me and became my friend because of like, my personality or something. Not because I remind me of some friend you used to have."