8

Irene's POV

Don't look at him.

My hands on the book tightened as I try to stop myself from lifting my gaze towards his direction.

Please calm down. It's just him. Act the way you used too.

My vision started to blurry. I'm getting out of focus because I am very distracted. His very existence distracts me.

So I couldn't stop myself. I looked at him - stared.

He was in front of me, sitting on a single-seater, legs crossed with a beanie on, a long light brown coat covering his light blue sweatshirt and black pants.

His eyes were focused on his book and for some reason,  I got curious about what he was reading. I want to know the reason why his brows kept furrowing... Why he'd suddenly smile... Or why he would just nod a little as if agreeing to what he just read.

I want to keep watching him...

"You do know it's rude to stare right?"

I was frozen in place when I heard his voice. Just then, he shifted his gaze towards my direction, and then our eyes meet,  the corner of his lips twitching as if he caught me red-handed.

Well, he did.

But I'm not gonna admit it to him.

"I - ahmm," I closed my eyes for a moment to try to calm myself a little. " I was just curious about what you're reading," I answered,  my voice neutral, sounding like how I usually talk with most people.

You can't show him how he is affecting you Joo-hyun.

But I guess that'll be harder than I thought because right when I thought I can handle his presence, a huge smile broke free from his face and that's more than enough to make all my calm down nerves to go haywire.

God damn it.

What did I expect?  He's still Kim Namjoon after all.