12

Irene's POV

Get yourself busy. Practice when it's your free time. Find something else to focus on, a hobby or other interest.

Breathe.

These are the things that I did the entire time.

I thought it would be easy. I told myself I would stop loving him.

Actually,  I thought I finally did. In the past months, I was a  little livelier. I go out with my friends if I have a break from work. I still do the things that I used to do but I try to veer my thoughts away from him. I still read books. I still go to the same bookstore on days that I was sure I wouldn't bump with someone.

There are times when he'd occasionally message me to share something wonderful such as a good line that he saw on a book, or simply anything that amazes him.

And fuck it wasn't easy. As much as possible, I try to keep our communication short whenever he attempts to message me.

At first, I thought about ignoring him completely but that would be rude and that will open up a lot more questions on his end.

I want to act as if nothing has happened. Besides, he doesn't even know what's happening to me anyways.

Nobody knows.

Nobody knows I was hurting.

And now,  I was sitting alone in my room. We were on a break. The other girls have a place to fo on their own and I chose to stay home.

I turned on my right before pulling my blanket to cover my body.

It was snowing outside. The air was chilly and this is the best time to drink some soju or something.

My eyes darted towards our window. It's dark but I can still see those flakes falling down. I bet there aren't that many people outside.

My eyes closed for a moment. There are days that I feel better and days that were just...

I turned a little when I heard the sound of my phone ringing.

My eyes darted on the wall clock I have in my room.

10 pm

"Is it one of the girls?" I thought to myself.

I sat on my bed and reached for my phone. But I hope I didn't.

Regret filled my system. But then again I want to scold myself because just the sight of his name made my chest go crazy. And here I was earlier convincing myself that I've already moved on. Because right on my phone's screen, is a name I wasn't sure I am ready to see.

Kim Namjon