It's hard without you...

Moving back in campus is hard. It brings back so many memmories. Zena has already moved in and classes start tommorrow. The moment I step inside the dormroom Zena and I have been sharing for the past two years I am tackled to the floor by Zena hugging me.

"Hey girl.How are you"? I ask when she takes a step back and tucks her shirt inside her pastel pink skirt.

"I...I'm good. As good as I can be. What about you"? I nod at her words. I know what she means.

"I'm good too. It's weird you know... being back here without him." I smile sadly while looking around at the familiar room. I clear my throat and try to clear the tension that grew between us thick as butter.

"So! Can you help me unpack? I must have more books than ever before. My collection has grown larger than ever"! I say and set my violin case I have strapped in my back on the bed before running back outside the room and start bringing in all the suitcases and boxes full of my things.

We unpack for around three hours before deciding to leave the room and heading downtown to grab some things for our room.

"You are not wearing that out I hope" she says and I look down at my outfit curiously. I'm wearing sweatpants and a band t-shirt with an open checked flannel on top. And of course my all time favorite all black vans that reach above my ankle.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing"? I ask and she shakes her head dissapointed. "At least wear another pair of pants will you? Like a jean pair maybe"?

I raise a brow at her. "Alright..." i don't get what a pair of jeans will do but if it makes her happy...

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" i say while changing my comfy joggers for a pair of slightly ripped jeans.

"Can we go now"? I ask impatiently and she nods. I grab my phone and wallet as well as a zip up hoodie that Liam gifted to me for my birthday last year and we head out. The bus is practically empty and so are the streets of the town.

"Where is everyone"? I ask and wrap my hoodie tighter around me. I can almost see the hay balls that roll through the empty desert in movies. You know what I'm talking about...like in spongebob? Oh forget it!

After we are done with buying the stuff  we needed we walk inside a coffee shop . After ordering our drinks I head to an empty table while Zena waits to receive our order.

Suddenly the door opens letting in the cold air and a young man with messy dirty blonde hair that escapes from under his black beanie.

My jaw hangs low. What are the freaking odds?

I turn my head the other way and pull my hood to cover my face but my blue locks give me away. "Sully"? Nope. Not me. I'm not here! Who even is Sully?

But Noooooo the guy just had to come up to me! "Hey Sully,how lucky am I"... I frown at him and he laughs at me.

"I take it you don't really feel like talking to me" he chuckles and smiles a cocky grin. I grunt annoyed. Why me?

"It's been a hard day,that's all. I don't feel like talking to anyone". "And I Respect that but I have to ask. What are you doing here"?

I look at him and raise my pierced brow. "I could ask you the same thing" and he has the nerve to sit down on the chair opposite to mine.

WTF man? Did I tell you you could sit? Where is Zena already?

"I'm here for work. Your turn" i guess there's no way around this "College" i answer. "You go to college? What are you studying"?

"Biology and Zoology" i look up at him "Is the interogation over"?

He chuckles again. I'm so done with this guy. I was nice once in the past year and this is how I'm repayed? With the most annoying guy. Seriously?

"Ryn? Who is that"? Zena finally is done with the drinks and came to save me. Not!

"Hi. I'm Zena." What is she doing? No!don't introduce yourself,just tell him to leave us aloneeee. I cry in agony internally. Why me?

"Mateo. Nice to meet you Zena. Would you mind if I sat with you"?

Zena is quick to say"No" at the same time I say"yes" which earns me a glare from her and a grin from Mateo.

I bury my face in my arms on top of the table as Zena and Mateo start talking about his job as a dog trainer. It intrigues me but of course I can't let him know that!

It's all so hard without you Liam... Even socializing is impossible to do by myself...

I am pulled out of my thoughts by Mateos form getting up from our table.

"Are you leaving"? I ask trying not to sound too hopefull.

He shakes his head no. "Just going to the bathroom. It's too windy outside for me to willingly leave."

And he heads to the bathroom. I turn to look at Zena but I immediatly regret it.

She has this look on. The look Liam used to have on every time we met. Oh boy.

"Zena, no! No no no" i say but she just giggles like an idiot. "Oh Ryn he's so great"!

Did I already say Oh,boy? "You barely have known him for an hour" she shakes her head. "It doesn't matter."

What is happening right now? Why me?

"Zena!you can't really think he..."

"Don't go telling me what I can and can't think. You were with my brother and I said nothing" My eyes are ready to pop out of their sockets. Is this for real?

"Liam and I went on a date after a whole freaking year of knowing each other Zena. You can't compare what I had with Liam with this" i move my arms around  showing the whole dang sittuation going on....

Zena flips her hair and turns her face the other way. I have no idea how to react. It is the first time I've seen her act like that. Ever.
I get up and grab my drink.

"Well... I'm leaving. You can stay here with lover boy. Or do whatever for that matter. I can't have this right now." And I leave.

I just...walk away.

I don't turn back to see her and Mateo fluttering their eyelids at each other. How dare she act that way? I'm pissed. Ugh!

The moment the freezing air hits my face my head cleares and I start walking towards the bus station. I should have brought my skateboard today. Or maybe I should really get a car. If only I had enough money for that...

On the bus station bench there are two more people. Probably a couple if I judge from the way they are all over each other. I groan internally. What is up with the world today?

I feel so lonely.

_____________________________________________

Vote and comment please❤

Myrt🌊