Arnav gazed at her unabashedly. He watched how her lips moved when she talked, how she lifted her eyes up to him in the middle to see if he was listening to her, and how she gulped feeling scared at his brazen stare.

"So, she has no clue why she is here?", Arnav thought, "Or is it a new way of dealing?", "May be she is shy to say it explicitly", "Anyhow..."

"Sir ji, which way is the kitchen?", Khushi spoke interrupting his thoughts.

"Alright, I'll play along", he said pointing to the kitchen, "and I don't mind good food"

She looked clueless for a second but then hurried away into the adjoining kitchen.

40 minutes later, Arnav was treated to aromatic hot food on the dining table. He kept inspecting her, while she nervously fidgeted her sari pallu noticing his looks. She gradually moved herself behind in such a way that a part of her body was hidden by a pillar. As soon as his dinner was done, she cleaned up the area.

"Sir ji", Khushi was a little apprehensive, "It's is late, Can I get going?"

"You are not leaving till tomorrow morning", he said bluntly.

Her eyes rounded into big circles with traces of fear in them. She looked around here and there to see if there was anyone else that could help her... just in case...

"Oh, so you really do not know why you are here?", Arnav questioned and then himself answered, "I want you in my bed", he said crudely.

The fear in her eyes was soon replaced by disgust, "How dare he", she thought, "What does he think of himself?"

She turned back and meant to leave ignoring him.

Arnav felt insulted and enraged. He was never rejected before. He had refused girls but not the other way round. His ego couldn't take it.

He caught hold of her left hand with his right hand and pulled her towards him. She crashed into his chest. She immediately used her palms to create a distance between them.

Using his left hand, he moved the back of his fingers on her cheek feeling the softness, "Money is not a problem", he whispered coming close to her ear.

In a sudden unexpected move, Khushi pushed him back with force and slapped him hard on his left cheek. She looked red and angry. Before Arnav could process what had happened, she ran into the night.

Arnav was livid.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta, you just opened a Pandora's box", he cursed. "Let me see where you escape now".

Both of them were sleepless that night and many nights after that...one in fear, the other burning with revenge...

******************************************************

I promise to tone down the drama.. :-) Plz continue reading... ;-)