Before I Wake.

You watch as the Perona and Kyo surround your unconscious bear, The pinkette's ghosts had managed to carry him back to the mansion and get him into bed, something you're grateful for since there was no way you could have lifted him by yourself.

The ladies facial expressions aren't at all reassuring though - Perona looks worried sick and Kyo looks very focused. The redhead is currently pressing her fingers into his arms, her brows furrowing as a horrible click sounds. 

WHAT IS SHE DOING?!

Perona is occupying herself by digging through the closets, blurting out something about clothing and Kumashi is...for reasons you can't quite wrap your head around, pouring some tea.

The oversized plushie calmly offering you the hot drink and only gaining himself a glare in response.

"Do I look like I wanna drink tea right now?!"

"I could only find Mihawk's clothes!" The pinkette's voice is riddled with stress as she drops a big pile of men's clothing onto a seat beside the bed, each material seems to be fancy and made of silk. If you weren't so worried about Thatch, you'd probably be wondering how a mere teacher could afford such luxuries.

Another painful click echoes throughout the room, Perona cringing at the sound as well as yourself.

"Can you make that stop?!" You impatiently hiss through gritted teeth, goosebumps rising across your arms and your body only tensing more and more with each click that sounds.

"Yeah, seriously!" Perona apparently agreeing with you on this one, the girl using her hands to cover her ears as she frowns. "It sounds disgusting!"

It sounds painful!

The hooded girl merely sighing as her fingers work their away down to Thatch's pulse. "It might not sound too pleasant but this is necessary," She murmurs lowly, her attention shifting toward an open book sat on the bedside table, it would seem there's information on the page about what is occurring. "His bones are shrinking, shifting, in some cases even dissolving completely, that's why the sounds are so vulgar." 

My poor baby!

"Ewww!" Perona whines out loudly, seemingly pressing her hands to her ears even harder now and honestly, you're somewhat worried that she'll squash her head like a melon doing this. "That's gross! Shut up!"

"W-Will he survive?!" Your heart is already dipping into your gut at the mere question alone, you can't lose him. You just can't. 

He has a family at home waiting for him, he can't abandon them now and he can't abandon you, not after telling you he loves you, you simply won't allow it.

"Well, he survived the first transformation." The girl responds calmly, her eyes still scanning the page of the book before she mutters to herself. "Although, he was turning into a bear so his overall strength had improved. As a human, he'll be a lot weaker so, it's hard to tell."

Despite her mumbling, you caught that piece of information. 

Your eyes widening as you grab the girl by the back of her shoulder, giving her a rough shake. "DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! HE CAN'T DIE!! HE HAS A FAMILY WAITING FOR HIM AT HOME!!" Of course, this only leads to Perona taking a firm grasp on your shoulder, trying to peel you off of her housemate.

"Stop yelling around him! Stressful atmosphere isn't good for somebody who's hurt!" The pinkette blurts, finally managing to get a decent grip on you before dragging you back. "We'll do what we can for your boyfriend, okay! Stop being so loud!"

Lemme guess; 'Loudness isn't cute', right?

You don't miss the slight pout on Kyo's face as she glares at you either, a sigh passing her lips as she lowers Thatch's furry arm back down to the bed. "He has a pulse, that's good news. Unfortunately, Pa says the best thing we can do for him now is to let him sleep. The process he's going through right now is painful," Another click erupts from Thatch's body with these words, as if to confirm the claim. "It's best if he's not conscious for it." The girl now stepping away from the bed, grabbing the book from the small table before making her way toward the door. "Furthermore, if you ever put your hands on my back again, you're going to lose fingers." 

"Bring it on, bitch!" 

I'll make you eat that book!

Perona hastily taking the tea that Kumashi had offered and persistently waves it under your nose, her eyes focused solely on your face. "All you can do now is wait, so you might as well wait calmly! If you freak out near him, it'll only have a negative effect on his mood! He can probably hear you, ya know!"

With an irritated huff, you accept the damn tea. Kyo taking her leave as Perona sits down on the chair beside you, her eyes lightening up as she smiles cheerfully. 

"So~? How did you fall in love with your teacher~?"

Oh boy, where to start? That's a long story...

You spend the remainder of the day talking about Thatch to your new friend and honestly, actually speaking about him relaxes you immensely, finally being able to tell somebody everything you love about him;

His smile, his vibe, his warmth, how he helps you cook, how his voice lowers when he leans in close to your ear, even his classy hairstyle. 

Whenever you tried to tell Ace how much you liked his brother, the raven understandably got grossed out by it and begged you not to continue, probably a good thing considering your bestfriend is quite the antagonizer.

Perona was highly interested though and often claimed that it was cute how he interacted with you, she even said you were dumb for not realizing that he liked you before also.

Thanks a bunch, Perona.

The pinkette letting out a big yawn as she extends her arms into the air. "I better get some sleep!" She groans out during her stretch before she gives you a warm smile. "You should too! If not, you're gonna be all tired when he wakes up and it won't be cute~!"

"Gee, thanks." 

The girl merely giggles at your semi-serious response before she skips over to your bedroom door, Kumashi following in tow with the tea tray in hand and leaving you alone with your crush, he still looks like a bear though..just skinnier. 

A small frown etches into your features as you change into your borrowed PJ's, once changed you slip into bed with him, being careful not to press against his fragile bones in the process before cuddling yourself softly into his chest.

What if he never wakes up?

"This is all my fault...I-I'm so sorry, Thatch." Your eyes beginning to water as you place a gentle kiss against his fur before nuzzling him gently as your heavy eyes fall closed. "I love you..."

Apparently you were more tired than you had realized though, it takes mere seconds for you to fall into a deep slumber, his fur serving as a warm blanket of sorts. 

It feels like you're laying with a fluffy cloud.

How odd...