My Wolf in Shining Armour 10

Its a recap of the last chapter in James' POV and also I added some but not much.

Chapter 10

James' POV

I took Taylor to the store. We didn't talk that much. We just enjoyed each others company. The car ride was short for my liking. I don't want to leave her side but I have to hunt for those rogues. I'm sure that dad will give me some earful scolding when I came back. Thats fine with me at least I got some time with my mate.

I haven't forgot what I had learned last night. I'm still contemplating on what I will do to my bastard best friend. Best friend or not, he shouldn't have done that to my mate. I tightened my grip to the stirring wheel. Deep breaths. If I don't control my anger, I might shift right here in my car. I don't want to destroy it; it's an Aston Martin, my precious car. And my mate is right beside me, I don't want to scare her.

Before she got out, I stopped her.

"Uhm, hey Taylor..." I started.

"Yes?" she asked. I felt nervous because, what if she don't want to go out with me? She made it clear last night that she wasn't ready for another relationship.

"Uh... W-would you..?" I took a deep breath and continued, "Go out with me?"

She just sat there and looked dazed. I started to fidget. I feel like this was my first time to ask a girl out. She's the only one that makes me this nervous.

Then I saw her pinch herself. "Ow,"

"Did you just pinch yourself?" I asked. I cant help but smile.

"Duh," she retort.

"So what do you say?" I asked all serious.

"Sure," she said and she's blushing.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at the cabin, 10 in the morning."

She nodded and went out of the car.

I was near our house when I felt something wrong. Taylor pops into my mind. I reversed the car and went back to the store. Something was definitely wrong. I entered the store and saw Stephen moving towards the staff room where I knew Taylor is crying. I can hear her muffled sobs through the door. Every werewolf in the store can hear it, including Stephen and Karla.

I let out a growl to stop him and make my presence known. I'm the next alpha remember?

Stephen turned to me and raised an eyebrow. I move pass him to the staff room and knocked.

"Taylor," I called.

She unlocked the door. I know that I looked anxious and worried but what she did next surprised me. She hugged me and buried her face to my chest while I brought my arms around her. I want to hold her like this everyday.

"Hey kids, Taylor, the counter please," Frank said smiling at us.

"Hi Frank," I smiled at him.

Taylor saluted at him and turned to me.

"Thank you," she whispered before leaning and kissing my cheeks.

"Anytime," I said with a goofy grin and she smiled back at me.

I walked out and saw Stephen leaning on my car. I'm still conflicted on what to do to him but mostly, I want to strangle him for putting so much hurt to my mate.

"What did you do to her?" I snarled.

He held up his hands in a surrender gesture. "Nothing."

"She wont be crying if you didn't do anything," I said trying to contain my anger.