My Wolf in Shining Armour 22

Hey'all ! This is a backtrack when Taylor left and how the wedding had been so fast. 

Thank you Tella2Ella2Friend for helping me pick up the characters.

watch the video on the side! :) If you can afford me by Katy Perry

Chapter 22

James’ POV

I finally killed that rogue but I know there were a lot more out there.

I didn’t have to hide what I’m truly am from Taylor. I’m so happy. It was hard keeping secrets from her. I was equally relieved because she didn’t go around screaming hysterically about me being a wolf. Actually, she took it all in a stride.

I found it very funny that she looked it up in the net. She’s fairly logical and it’s a bit ironic because she likes reading fictional books. If I heard her swooning over that Jacob guy, I’ll show her I’m hotter than him.

I left the cabin giving her some space to take it all in. Later tonight, I’ll check up on her and maybe sleep beside her. Just the thought of it makes me want to howl in happiness.

I want to tell the good news to my father that way I can officially stop the arrange marriage. Remember the deal I had with my father? He told me that he’ll call off the marriage if Taylor can accept me as I am.

In no time, I was on my wolf form running toward our house.

I jumped into my room and quickly took a shower. My wolf was complaining because I reek. I don on my favorite polo and khaki pants.

I’m practically skipping as I made my way to my dad’s office. Some of the pack members walked passed me with a respectful bow and curious looks. I just gave them a huge grin.

I knocked on the huge wooden door of dad’s office and heard him say, “Come in.”

He was sitting on his chair reading some papers probably regarding the pack and some of our businesses. He removed his reading glasses and looked at me as I entered.

“Where have you been?” His tone was something along the line of stop-fooling-around-and-do-your-responsibilities.

“I was with my mate,” It answers everything to my dad. He nodded and was about to return in reading when I added, “I killed one of the rogues last night. He was watching my mate. I think she’s a target because I’m her mate. We should put some of our people to protect her. And don’t get your hopes up about me and Mika because Taylor knows everything now, dad.”

“Hmm, good. Did she accept you? I’ll make sure she’s well guarded, son. It would be easier if she moves in with us. Ask her,”

“Great, I’ll go back to her tomorrow to get her answer,”

“Very well,” He made a dismissal wave and I turned to leave.

I returned to my room to catch some sleep. Our bond was strong but she’s human that’s why she wasn’t affected that much. I plan on turning her when the right time comes.

I never felt this way before. Before when I like a girl, I don’t do as much as wink but she’s different from anyone. I exert so much effort because she deserves more not like my old self. It’s funny that every time I try to make her fall for me disaster happens. Maybe It’s karma from the times I played with a girls heart or the time I failed to save my mom.

I miss my mom so much. I still feel the guilt that I didn’t save her. I was persistent to protect everyone I care about from those rogues because I don’t want to fail like when I can’t save my mom.

I fell asleep as my head hit my pillow dreaming of green eyes luring me to a happy dream.

                                                                                   ***

A knocking on my door woke me up from sleep. This one was an urgent one, I can tell. I quickly stood up feeling light headed and strode to the door. Josh was standing on my door with an anxious face.

“What is it?” I asked his anxiousness rubbing on me.

“It’s Taylor. I thought she’s just going for a ride but when I looked into her cabin all of her things were gone,”

My heart skipped a bit. I pulled on some clothes thinking of following her. She couldn’t have left him, could she?

She left me. I thought that she could accept what I am. I was wrong. My wolf howled in pain.  My other half... now out of my reach. I punched the wall of my bedroom. She can’t leave me. No, no, no. How can I live without her? I screamed. My heart aches. I need her with me. I can’t bear the pain, its consuming all my thoughts. The pain of her leaving me...

I didn’t know what I was doing after that. I just realize that my wolf was going to her. I moved faster at the thought of seeing her again even if it hurts.I followed her scent and let our bond pull me towards her. Our bond is still here, I wont give up on her.

                                                                              ***

I reached her house and looked out the window in the second floor. There she is, my angel, but her nose was bleeding. What happened? I felt my whole body trembled in furry. No one hurts my mate. Then, I heard her scream. Didn’t she know that it was me? Or she knew and she’s scared of me? I ran back home feeling a lot more hurt when she left me.

I can’t help but let out a heart piercing howl. I whimpered and sulk. I don’t want to feel anymore.

                                                                                  ***

When I entered the house, dad was waiting for me with patience in his eyes. Charles, the Beta on the couch beside him was Mika.

“We had a deal,” Dad said grimly.

I nodded my head.

“The day after tomorrow would be your wedding,” he said matter-of-factly.

“What?” That got my attention.

“Do I have to repeat myself? You’ll marry Mika the day after tomorrow and that’s final,”

“But… It’s so soon,”

“The sooner, the better and Mika had arranged it all so you don’t have to bother anything but your vows,”

I fixed a glare at Mika knowing she persuade Dad to make our wedding sooner.  She met my gaze and gave a seductive smile that gives me the chills.

.***

xoxo :)