Chapter eightteen

Start from the beginning

Eve's POV

It's been 40 days since that fucked up day. 40 days of me trying to avoid A and A trying to talk to me. She tried explaining herself several times but she stopped about a week ago when she said those hurtful things to me. I mean she has a point there, Isabel also lied to me, but still that doesn't give her the right to say it like that. I could see the immediate regret in her eyes, but it still hurt. I could tell that she didn't mean what she said. She just got frustrated with me for not listening to her. One part of me wants to give her a second chance, but I just can't forgive her for lying to me, for such a pathetic reason. And all the other people just played along. Everyone, except me, knew that she was lying to me and helped her. They all just called her A when I was around, instead of using her real name. 40 days and I still don't know her name. I spent those 40 days with new people, I met Ashley in my English class and we often hang out during class. I told her that I needed a break from my friends and she offered me to eat lunch with her and her friends. Tyler and Josh were cool people. All three of them had a mental illness and therefor I kinda was the outsider in the group, but they accepted me and helped me to understand Isabel a bit more. They were pretty cool people and it was nice hanging out with them, but I missed my group of friends. "Hey Eve?" Jenna walked towards me and came to a stop next to my locker." "Hey Jenna, what's up?" "I...well I wanted to spend some time with Ally, go out with her, as friends, so it's not supposed to be a date, so I thought if I ask you to come with us, that it wouldn't look like a date? Just friends hanging out and having a good time. I miss you and I'd like to talk to you more. And this could be like a new start with our friendship..." She looked so nervous and spoke so fast I nearly didn't catch what she wanted to ask me. "So, you want me to go out with you and Ally? When and where?" I missed my friends, so why not? "We thought about dinner, maybe tomorrow at 7 p.m., maybe?" "Sure, let's spend some time together. I miss you guys." "We miss you too." We hugged. "Nice, uhm, yeah see you tomorrow." We hugged again and the I left the school and went home to my empty house. It was so quiet since Isabel left for the mental hospital. I was the only one home since my parents had to work all the time. That also was the reason why they allowed Isabel to live with us. They didn't want me to be alone all the time. I hate being alone it's so boring. I decided to call Isabel to see how she was doing. She said the mental hospital was fine, her psychologist was pretty cool and she could trust them and tell them everything. But she was down a lot, because she missed us, especially Charley. I promised her to look after Charley but I have to admit that I was kind of busy avoiding a and everyone that had something to do with her. I have to go and talk to Charley on Monday, to see how she is and stuff. Isabel also told me to finally forget that A lied to me and to start over. It'd be better for me since ignoring my feelings for her didn't do anything, instead they got even worse. I miss her all the time, my mind is always thinking about her, worrying if she might go back to her old ways and forget about me, especially since our 'fight' last week. Isabel told me that technically A never lied to me and that it was my fault for calling her Adam instead of letting her finish. I know she's right but still, I couldn't just forget those six weeks she let me believe that she really is Adam. She even got Ruby to call her 'Daddy'. I could fucking slap her in the face, but I probably would kiss away the pain right after. I hung up the phone and threw the damn thing on my bed. I was sitting on the floor with my back against my bed. I started passing around my room while talking to Isabel. It just frustrated me so much that she was right. I groan and burry my head in my hands and knees. I hate my life. Why can't everything be easy for once? I hate it that I can't forgive A. I hate it that I can't just forget that she lied. I probably would have forgiven her if she just lied to me for a few days and then told me that she's not a guy. It was so easy for her to lie to me. All the teachers called her Knight. Well everyone except Mr. Iero. He still called her Lopez. Nobody fucking told me her real name. I had no idea how I should figure out that she's not a guy. Her always wearing those big ass sweaters and oversized band shirts didn't help. As well as her friends calling her A. That didn't fucking help. I had no fucking way to figure it out on my own. I groaned again before moving up on my bed and watching a movie on Netflix.