-one-

Setting:

- Location: New York

- Time: 1945 - 10 years before the events of Carol 

- Carol: 29 years

~introduction~

                                                                                ___                         ___

Another morning of Carol arguing with her husband. 'Another' meaning it happened frequently, mostly about stupid things, this time not  so much.

" It can't always be like this."  She shouted across their bedroom while making the bed.

" Carol, please it's 6 in the morning-"

" Harge you wouldn't even be awake if it weren't for me. You were up so late last night you I had to wake you up several times. You always work. Always. If it isn't about work than it can wait can't it. That's you attitude all the time!"

He was having trouble finding a tie in the closet, "Where are all my good ties?"

" You would know if you payed any attention to what I've been telling you for the past three days, we've only been in New York for less than a month and already you're acting like how you were back home. You promised once we left London you would change."

" This isn't the time, I have to go to work I need a tie." he started digging through all the drawers in the closet.

" Well that's just going to mess everything up." Carol said annoyed 

" I don't care, I have to get to work. If it irritates you so badly, clean it up!"

" see Harge, that right there is the issue. I'm not a housekeeper, my job isn't to go around picking up clothes and replacing machines. I've been more than understanding about it while we were in London, i thought it was just stress for this job."

" It was" he replied

" But we're here now. we're in New York  now. And nothing changed. You're not even trying. Either you work all the time, or you go out and get drunk with you friends. Either way I'm stuck here worrying about you instead of doing what I have to do."

" You mean painting? Painting isn't a real Job. it's a hobby-"

" Here we go again. I don't understand why you got married in the first place if you don't even have time to spend with your wife. It's as if you only got married for the satisfaction of saying you're married." she waited for him to immediately assure her she was wrong but he stayed silent.

" Harge!" she looked at him with concerned eyes,

" Come on that's a stupid question-"

" I'm done here, I'm going out for some peace and quiet." She angrily grabbed her coat, hat, gloves and keys.

" Come on Carol!" Harge yelled as she quickly hurried downstairs and to the garage. " you know I love you."

" Yeah? Well it'd be nice if you showed it once in a while, or said it."

" Carol come back here, let's talk about this!" he said following her down the stairs

" Really you have time to talk?" she turned to face him.

" Well no..."

" That's what I thought" she said

" Carol Aird come back here-"

" don't you dare command me to do anything." she yelled back and went out the front gate and got in her car. 

2 years, only 2 years and my marriage is already having problems, she thought. 

                                                                                  *          *          *

A/N:

Pretty boring but I wanted to set the vibe straight between Carol and Harge. Next chapter will be still 10 years before but then the rest of the story goes to 5 years before.

Thanks for reading up to here x